Oregon antelope

Qwhacker15

Just wondering anyone has hunted the Warner unit recently. Son and I drew tags after 13 yrs. and might need a little help! Thanks for any help or suggestions

I have the west beatys from every thing I've been getting find the water and you will find the goats and a atv will be an asset . And fish and game and the forestry departments have good maps for sell if you have an office close or you can get one on line good luck hunting

I have the west beatys from every thing I've been getting find the water and you will find the goats and a atv will be an asset . And fish and game and the forestry departments have good maps for sell if you have an office close or you can get one on line good luck hunting

Find water, find antelope. It doesn't take much, and don't under estimate how far they will travel for it.

Thanks for the replies,getting excited and only couple more months to wait! Hope to make at least a couple scouting trips between now and then. Have been and forest service maps with some areas to look at. Thanks again

These hunts are in August before the September rut ( except for Hart Mt.). So the really big bucks will not be with the herds. Seems there is always a nice buck or two with the herd, but more than likely it will only be a 13-14 inch buck. The big ones are off to themselves, usually in ones or twos. So, if you see a lone buck way way out. Take a very very good look at it.

The hoards of ATVs running wild will calm down after opening weekend. Most folks shoot the first one they find during the weekend and leave. So some good glassing and patience could pay off with a monster.

God Luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.