264MHC

Hello all,
I am looking at purchasing a new stock for my customized Tikka T3. I am not in love with any of the options available from domestic suppliers (USA), and with the dollar gaining strength compared to foreign currencies, it may actually be cheaper to get something from across the pond. My question is: is there anything special I would have to do to "import" a rifle stock? Or can they just ship it to me like any other order? Will US customs give me any trouble?

I am specifically looking at PSE Composites stocks out of Ireland. I know there are a few domestic suppliers that have them but they never seem to have the right configuration (lefty) and seem to be overpriced compared to ordering direct, even with shipping. That is of course assuming I'm not missing anything related to my question.

Anyone have experience with this?

When I bought my wildcat from canada I had to do the ATF importation of arms paperwork. Beyond stupid, because a stock is NOT a firearm, but......

Did you do that before ordering? Did they have any problem connecting the dots so to speak when the stock came through customs?

Might want to do a little research on this.

Might want to do a little research on this.

That's for a firearm he is asking to ship a piece of carbon fiber/stock? No need for ATF?

For the Op here is another company that has some great stocks overseas. I think they put ours to shame over here as far a lines and fit & finishes. https://fineballistictools.com/en/carbon-stock/

Last edited:
That's for a firearm he is asking to ship a piece of carbon fiber/stock? No need for ATF?

For the Op here is another company that has some great stocks overseas. I think they put ours to shame over here as far a lines and fit & finishes. https://fineballistictools.com/en/carbon-stock/
Pretty sure a form 6 is for importation of parts over $100, but I may be incorrect. I'm probably wrong.

Last edited:
Appreciate the replies. Maybe I should just call PSE and see if they know. Seems like anything with the ATF is hard to nail down.

Hey,
The real problem is each individual involved reads regulations differently, so even if you get everything correct according to your "interpretation" the guy at customs might not think so. Close to 40 years of "Federal Service" is why I believe this!!! Good Luck
Take Care