• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Or trade? 788 remington

therifleman556

Hey guys, I'm getting that itch again. I might be crazy but I'm debating selling or trading my 788 in 243. I don't know if 243 just doesn't turn me on or what. It shoots pretty good, I had 75 grain vmaxes go almost sub 1/2". There's few marks on the stock but the metal is in nice shape. I do have the original iron sights too. I've got three magazines for it. One has some rust and the other needs to be tack welded where it's crimped together as it likes to spread and pop the follower out. I'd like to get $450 shipped. I'd leave the Leupold on for another $200.

I'm thinking I'd like to get something smaller like 204, 223, or 22-250. I'd hear offers. Not really looking for anything in particular but would like to avoid injection molded stocks.

Thanks for looking!
KIMG0710.JPG
KIMG0712.JPG
KIMG0713.JPG
KIMG0714.JPG

Hows the recoil? I got Mossberg SSI in .30-06. It's in mint condition with a beautiful wood stock. 20 rounds down the tube. You can swap out the barrels on them too like a TC contender.

I would like to stay in a bolt action (maybe AR, but I'm hot/cold with them too). I've also got "deer rifles" pretty covered so I've either got to go small bore much bigger lol.

Is there a front site? Just trying to see what configuration it is how long is the barrel?

Winter must be getting to you... I almost parted with my 22-250 in a 788, but was reinspired when the guy looking to buy it told me he was shooting squirrels out to 800 yds with his!! The numbers didn't quite crunch for him and I kept that little piece of gold. I get the itch though!! 788 is a great rifle and priced way below their true worth

The 788 is one of Remingtons best rifles, was cheaper then the 700 but would out shoot the 700 in most case's. I had one in 6mm that I had bedded, it would shoot the same hole off a rest.