Optika 6 VS. Veracity

I'm looking to upgrade from my HS-T viper. I was always happy with the Vortex I'm just looking to upgrade magnification. I think I have it narrowed down to the PST ii 5x25 and the Optika6.
Bowkill, I can attest to it's trackability, and quality. I have a Meopta Optika6, in 3-18x50. It's on a Bergara B14 Ridge in 7-08.
About a month or so ago, I was shooting a very repeatable load, and I had several loaded up, so I decided to do some twisting. I did a 16 minute box test, not once, but twice. It came back to, and the last twist and shot were 1/4 inch groups. This scope super impresses me, each and every time I use it. And you'll really like the crosshair, and the parralax adjustment. It's very true to yardage, meaning tune out parralax, blind, then look at dial, it's spot on, every time, no matter what the temp. This is my first Meopta, and I would definitely buy another. I owned and shoot through about all of the big name scopes, and were happy with them at the time, but this is by far, the best optics I've ever owned, bar none! Hope this helps in your quest, you won't be sorry!

Well dang. And I was excited about trying the XTR 3.

When I look through a scope, I trust no one but my own eyes as they are uniquely different from others, that is why I always recommend to "actually" try it. I have one of the Burris Veracity that I got when they first came out and they are definitely not junk. There was an LRH member that is an optics SME (optical engineer, IRC, he has a PHd and Optics business) here before that actually tested the Veracity and XTR and he favors the Veracity.

ADDED:

Burris tends to leverage a single optical design for multiple scope model lines. Burris has taken that to the extreme with the E1 optical designs. AFAIK, XTR II and Veracity models of the same magnification use the same optics as well. I spent more time looking at the Veracity models because I like the multi-purpose reticle designs. The Veracity scopes were typical of Burris optical quality: good resolution, high contrast, and no tunneling in the erector over 5:1 zoom ratio. I also recall seeing no obscuration at low magnification when the elevation was rotated to the limit.

All of the Veracity scopes have MOA/MOA reticle and turrets. The E1 FFP reticle on the 2-10X and 3-15X models seems like a good compromise between low mag visibility of the thick lines, and minimal obstruction of the scene at high mag. The tapered hick lines should be effective at drawing your eye to the center in low light when the magnification is set to a low value. I think the modified E1 FFP Varmint reticle on the 4-20X and 5-25X models is an excellent long range MOA/MOA set-up. It has more windage hold-off marks on the crosshair than the E1 FFP reticle.

The BDC hold-offs enable quick short range shots up to about 600 yds, although I really prefer BDC reticles in the SFP position so that I can force the hold off lines to fall on even ranges vales like 300, 400, 500 yds, etc., by using the zoom ring to "calibrate" the reticle.

The turret clicks were stiffer than the E1 scopes, but not as sharp as some others I've felt. The zero stop was excellent, but I did not have a chance to pull the knobs off to inspect the mechanism. I recall the knob had unlimited rotation above zero.

Last edited:
I wrote up a "review" of the optika 6 on here last year. It is the 5-30 model with 34mm tube. I've since shot it to 1k yards (farthest I have access to) on Top of 2 different .300 WM. So far it is holding up perfectly. I'm planning on buying another one but I just can't decide which one.

As for zero stop, the 5-30 has a zero stop, so I would assume they others do as well. However the one thing I HATE about this scope, is the exposed windage know that does NOT lock in place. Now if i remember right the 3-18 have capped windage knobs?

Tracking : Here is the first and last round of the day at 600 yards a couple weeks ago. With me dialing up to 1k and back down to 2-300 in between. So the turrets got a good workout between these two shots.....
4D196C85-22DF-4ED0-BC58-AC0B823DF0AF.png
4D196C85-22DF-4ED0-BC58-AC0B823DF0AF.png

Hello all, I'm tossing around the idea of upgrading the optics on my .284 hunting rifle. This is my primary rifle I use for hunting from any range between point blank out to 700 yards. I have a bigger rifle for anything beyond that. I'm trying to keep price in the $600-800 range. Eventually I'll upgrade into $1500+ optics, but for now I just want to take the next step up from the 4-16x44 Vortex HS-T I currently use.

I mainly just want a scope that's a little more durable and has a couple more features over the HS-T. I have been looking hard at the Burris Veracity 3-15x50 and the new Meopta Optika 6 3-18x50. I'd like opinions and real world experiences with how these two scopes track and hold up to field use. I'm extremely easy and careful with my equipment, but I want something that can take a drop or fall and not bust or lose zero when I need it the most.

I like that the Veracity has a zero stop and I like the reticle very much. I'm an MOA guy, so that's what I'm looking at. I also only have experience with SFP scopes, but I'm open to FFP scopes if the reticle isn't too heavy on higher magnifications. I like that the Optika 6 has illuminated and Dichroic reticles available. I think an illuminated reticle would help with early morning and late evenings shots. I've personally never hunted with an illuminated reticle, so I'm not sure if it's really going to add much or not. I realize both of these scopes are pretty new, but any opinions or help would be very appreciated. Sorry for the long post, I just want to get my thoughts all out there to give everyone a better idea of what I'm wanting and using it for. Thanks
I had a veracity for a short time, 5-20x50. You will hardly ever hear any complaints with the tracking & repeatability on a veracity. It wasn't the worst glass but I've had better. I know you didn't ask for other options but I've always liked sightron for dependable tracking good glass at a value. But when you get into a ffp sightron the price jumps enough that they get close to everything else in that tier of optics as far as cost.

Doing some freelance work with Meopta for this past year has been an absolute pleasure. A company that prides itself on putting out a quality product is not something you find every day. I have used most of the Optika6 line of scopes and I can attest to its reliability and repeatability. I have had an Optika6 3-18x50 on a .375 H&H and had zero problems running a box test and returning to my original POA. For the $, I don't think you'll find a more loaded scope out there. If you want what I call a big fun scope, check out the Optika6 1-6x24. It is awesome for predators and carbine competitions/plinking.

Like was mentioned above, look at the Zeiss v4. Zero stop is as solid as it gets and the glass is much better then most in the price range. Only thing is the mag power ring is backwards from most so takes a moment to get used to if you switch back and forth a lot. But you can get one on red hawk rifles for a little over 800 with free rings and scope cover right now

I will add, that if anything is wrong, and its no big deal, but the power ring is fairly large, to the point that I had to go to a set of high rings, for my bolt handle, to clear the ring. Mediums were adequate, for bell clearance, but needed taller rings for bolt. My center to center height is 1.920, which is the number I have plugged into my ballistics program. I can live with it!

Meopta is on my shortlist for next scope purchase, compared them to my zeiss conquests and the glass is edge to edge clear and bright. Best value by far in their price range.Optic Resolution Chart.jpgCharts like this really show the difference in various optics.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.