OpticsPlanet - The nerve!

It's very sad to hear about JE Custom. I didn't know he passed away either. I also followed him LRH. We pm'ed back and forth on his progress with an MGM 460 S&W barrel he was working on by cutting inches off to find best results . He also made a brake just for the barrel that I was going to get one from him and have my barrel cut same length.
I'm very sad now. He was a great man. I've had a few friends die lately and just lost another. God bless him and family . He will be greatly missed by all.

Ordered some arrows on Sunday from OPlanet and just got email that they shipped. Not everything is out of stock. Pretty quick service I think.

OpticsPlanet "claims" to discount their thermal scopes 10% but they are retailing them at full price like everyone else. So they "claim" that MSRP is really 10% more then they're asking but none of their competitors agrees with that silliness and they all charge the same.

I think a lot of what they do is shady.

They don't charge your card until in stock and shipment is ready. So you had to respond to an email within 14 days that you still wanted them?
Ouch.
True story. They still stink. They don't tell you the item isn't in stock till you order the item. Happened to me twice. There wasn't and won't be a third time. When items were in stock, they shipped fairly quick. That's the exception tho.

This is cool, two threads in one! Anyway, I ordered 9mm ammo from OP last July. Backordered, never expected to get it. Figured the way the prices were going up and up that the order would be cancelled. Late Oct I got an email from them stating it was in stock..."Did I still want it?" Of course I wanted it. $.26/rd! Didn't bother me a bit to email them back. Didn't need the 14 days either. Took less than 14 minutes. Midway is still my go to for most of my supplies but some people scream about them. I can't condemn either OP or Midway. Just my experience.

Every once in a while I'll get sucked into the discounted price of an item on DVOR. I currently have a package from them stuck in the mail and they won't do anything about it for 15 business days (why don't they just call it three weeks?).

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.