OpticsPlanet - The nerve!

I've detailed my run-in with OpticsPlanet in the past. They will no longer get any of my money. I refuse to even look at their page when it turns up in a search for some particular item.

I think that what people say about you after you're gone tells the real story about who you were. Look at what people have said here about JE Custom. We can all aspire to have that said about us. Right now I'm pretty sure that I'll fall far short of that. Something to work on.
RIP JE

I gave up on them when they advertise an item in stock(they sell on ebay as well) and it is immediately backordered when you buy it. Three times in a row I got the backordered notice a week or more after I bought the item. I cancelled and bought it elsewhere.

Same experience, says in stock and gives order number then 5 minutes later an email saying shipping estimated in 6-8 months!! BS, I cancelled the order and chewed their bu_ _ ..... IMO false advertising, bait and switch or whatever else you want to call it!

I'm dealing with the same stuff with OP right now. Ordered a box of 143 ELDX, and some 6.5CM brass back in early October, because they were one of the few that showed them "in stock". Shortly after the order was submitted, I got an email that both products were back ordered. I finally received the brass in January. The ELDX bullets now show a May delivery date. I'm not holding onto much hope at this point

I haven't purchased from them in a few years. I recently bought a burris xtr on sale and it took 8 weeks to receive an in stock item. If this is the new norm I'll look elsewhere.

I too will miss JE, one of the good guys gone all too soon.

I ordered a threaded barrel adapter for a Walther P 22 pistol it was out of stock after six months of waiting they sent me an email wanting to know if I wanted to cancel my order well I dug in my heels and said no keep it going after another 6 months wait they canceled my order for me I searched eBay and just got it tonight after 10 days wait

I ordered some scope mounts from them last summer and received without issue. Ordered some boots early September, they said in stock, but they were not and I didn't find out until October. Kept getting notices that they were fulfilling my order. Cancelled order without issue and ordered same boots from black ovis. Called them to be sure they were in stock and they sent them 2 day I believe, since I was leaving for a hunting trip on a Thursday. They showed up Thursday when I was packing truck. No blisters or sore feet and wore them most of the trip chasing mule deer.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.