OpticsPlanet - The nerve!

Stammster

As most of us have experienced, Optics Planet is terrible for taking backorders.

I checked out and paid for some 6.5 ELD-X bullets 8 months ago. Every 2-3 weeks they would update me, and then started to go quiet unless I requested an update.

Today they send me an email that these were finally in stock, but they would not ship to me and would sell them to someone else if didn't respond within 14 days.

Needless to say, my reply was not nice and reminded them that they have had my money for over 8 months. Unbelievable. I can only guess they just hoping make more money at their current prices rather than what I bought them for.

I gave up on them when they advertise an item in stock(they sell on ebay as well) and it is immediately backordered when you buy it. Three times in a row I got the backordered notice a week or more after I bought the item. I cancelled and bought it elsewhere.

Ordered a scope at sale price. Got the out of stock notice ship in 10-14 days. Then got a call two weeks later trying to convince me to buy another scope that "was a better buy". I said I would wait. When the scope finally came in six weeks later got shipment notice, and saw where no the scope was priced at $200 more than when I bought it plus sale discount. They are only a last resort.

They also only ship complete orders, if half the order is in you have to call them and have them ship the in-stock components and keep the rest on backorder.

They do take your money, but they let you backorder more than some other places. So sometimes worth it, sometimes not.

As most of us have experienced, Optics Planet is terrible for taking backorders.

I checked out and paid for some 6.5 ELD-X bullets 8 months ago. Every 2-3 weeks they would update me, and then started to go quiet unless I requested an update.

Today they send me an email that these were finally in stock, but they would not ship to me and would sell them to someone else if didn't respond within 14 days.

Needless to say, my reply was not nice and reminded them that they have had my money for over 8 months. Unbelievable. I can only guess they just hoping make more money at their current prices rather than what I bought them for.

He passed away on the 24th of January

On the list
ButterBean, this one brought a tear to my eyes. I never met the man, only know his as J E Custom never knew his name, and shared a few PMs with him. He was one who I followed on the forum, always respected what he had to write in his replies. Very sad to read this, I will miss his knowledge and his replies.

ButterBean, this one brought a tear to my eyes. I never met the man, only know his as J E Custom never knew his name, and shared a few PMs with him. He was one who I followed on the forum, always respected what he had to write in his replies. Very sad to read this, I will miss his knowledge and his replies.
I feel the same. Sad news indeed. Always a gentleman in his replies and so much knowledge now lost.

He touched a lot of Folks here including myself, He was and still is a Gentleman and a Scholar and When We Reach For The Fruits of His Labor.............. That's When He Will Truly Be Missed

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.