Optics Shipping Question

silvertip44

Just wanted to know from some of you money spending shooters about other suppliers shipping costs in relation to Optics Planet. Are there others that offer free shipping?
I have purchased several items from Optics Planet recently and have never paid shipping.
Reason being is that before Christmas I ordered another new NF scope, but was informed it was out of stock. Now when I pull up their webpage it appears to be in stock but at a higer price. I have sent them an email asking if my original order will be honored at the original price. All the other retailers I have checked on that model show it at the new higher price, but at least thought I would give them the opportunity to say yes or no.

NF tightly controls retail prices; about the most you can find will be free shipping. If you did not commit to the older price, they probably will not honor it.

Thanks Gene. I did get a response to my email to them and they are going to honor my original order and price so I will wait until the scope is in stock. Apparently they should know within 24 to 48 hours when to expect availability. That will save me about $60 so the order of the day is patience.

Just wanted to know from some of you money spending shooters about other suppliers shipping costs in relation to Optics Planet. Are there others that offer free shipping?
I have purchased several items from Optics Planet recently and have never paid shipping.
Reason being is that before Christmas I ordered another new NF scope, but was informed it was out of stock. Now when I pull up their webpage it appears to be in stock but at a higer price. I have sent them an email asking if my original order will be honored at the original price. All the other retailers I have checked on that model show it at the new higher price, but at least thought I would give them the opportunity to say yes or no.

personally i never deal with optics planet. they are the walmart of scopes and much better customer service and the same prices can be found elsewhere

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.