Optics on a budget?

So I'm building a 6mm Creedmoor rifle on a Savage action and Accustock, and I'm trying to find the right optic for hunting and range use. I have two budgets I'm concerned with weight and price. Right now my Creedmoor with suppressor and Burris Tactical 2 piece bases weighs about 4 oz shy of 8 lbs, and I'm trying to keep the rifle with optics at 10 lbs or less. So I'd like to keep my optic in the mid to low 20 oz range.

Now my budget for the optics is around $1500 max, but can go a little more. I'd like a 30 mm scope, FFP, 3-5X power on the bottom end, top end 15X+, zero stop or ability to add one, MIL adjustments, simple Mil Dot or Milling reticle like the Mil Quad. I'd also love a capped windage knob, but it isn't necessary. The scope that seems to check most if not all of boxes is the Vortex Razor LHT MRAD 3-15X42, but I read on here the best thing about Vortex in the warranty. I have experience with SWFA SS fixed powers and might just go the SS 3-15X42 route, but I've also been looking at the Athalon Midas Tac HD lineup but these scopes are on the heavy end of what I'm wanting. Then there is the Leupold Mark 5 HD 3.6-18X44 which would really stretch my budget thin dollar wise but is within my weight range but at the top end as well.

I've been behind a few FFP scopes and know I'm going to probably like any of them set around 5-6X on the bottom power setting. I hate to say I'm old but since I can no longer wear contacts my "transition lenses" give me fits at lower magnifications seeing the reticle. I've been pretty much a die hard SS fixed power 6X and 10X shooter, and haven't ventured into variables really at all except for regular hunting scopes where I've used Leupold, Nikon, Vortex, and many more, but I haven't been a knob turner while hunting.

So I guess I'd like to hear opinions on these scopes and any I might have over looked.
Athlon ARES ETR. Well within your budget. First rate tracking and glass. Albeit a little heavier than you are looking for.

Thanks for the suggestions but I don't think the Swaro or Zeiss are FFP, and if I'm going to use a Mil/MOA reticle I want it correct at all power settings not just the max. As long as I stay under 20X I could probably get by with SFP, but it isn't what I want. I'm not wanting a 2lb plus optic like the Athalon Ares, so I'm seeing clear of that one.

One you might look at is the Burris Verocity FFP Fairly light great warranty and well in your price range 3x15 power with capped windage they also have 4x20 and 5x25 but little heavy
3x15x50 weight is 25 oz

Hi, this is my first post. I've been lurking and learning as much as I can. I'm a new shooter and aspiring elk hunter in CO.

I'm looking for pretty much the exact same as the OP. Seems like not a lot of options.

Anyone consider the Maven RS.1 2.5-15 FFP 44mm? $1200 and 24oz with what appears to be an accessory exposed elevation turret available.

So I'd like to keep my optic in the mid to low 20 oz range.

Now my budget for the optics is around $1500 max, but can go a little more. I'd like a 30 mm scope, FFP, 3-5X power on the bottom end, top end 15X+, zero stop or ability to add one, MIL adjustments, simple Mil Dot or Milling reticle like the Mil Quad.
The lower grades of glass weigh less and the better grades of glass weigh more.
All things being equal, scope tube, mechanicals, etc, most empty scopes will have about the same starting base weight before the glass goes in the tube. That means, if comparing 2 scopes of similar features and size, the scope with the better glass will weigh more. Trying to save 8 or 10 ounces by using cheap glass is the epitome of penny wise pound foolish.

Steiner 4-16x56

This was a $1500 scope, on closeout for $849 with free shipping and 15 day return policy. Worth your time to look at it.

The lower grades of glass weigh less and the better grades of glass weigh more.
All things being equal, scope tube, mechanicals, etc, most empty scopes will have about the same starting base weight before the glass goes in the tube. That means, if comparing 2 scopes of similar features and size, the scope with the better glass will weigh more. Trying to save 8 or 10 ounces by using cheap glass is the epitome of penny wise pound foolish.

Steiner 4-16x56

This was a $1500 scope, on closeout for $849 with free shipping and 15 day return policy. Worth your time to look at it.
BUY IT!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.