Optics for 300 WSM

dk17hmr

I just bought a 300 WSM, Time Precision Action SLV Right Bolt Left Port. Single Shot Action. Kreiger 1/10 barrel 26" long. HS Precision Stock....basically its built with long range in mind.

I have alot of different scopes on my rifles, everything from Mueller and Bushnell to Leupold and Burris, with about everything in between.

I would like to spend around $500 for a scope, unless I hit it big in Vegas this weekend, it doesnt have to be new, I would like something in the 20x plus range.

Thinking another Leupold or maybe a Sightron.

Any suggestions?

The Sightrons are nice scopes and wont brake the bank. I have a SIII which is more than you want to spend, but you could look at the SII. I personally have never looked through one, but I talked to Sightron on the phone about them and they told me they use the same internals for tracking as the SIII.

Another is the VX-3. I have a 4.5x14 LR on a 300 WM and really like it as well.

i have the millet lrs-1. under 500 at swfa.com. best scope that i have used. lockable turrets, 35mm tube that comes with great rings.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts