OPS Inc. Muzzle Brakes

Sheldon

Can anyone tell me about these brakes and how they stack against the competition? Just so you know, I have one now on my .338 and like it. I bought it from Phil (the owner of OPS Inc.) at a Varmint Hunter's Jamboree in 1998. It also looks cool.
grin.gif
It's the only one I've tried though so I have nothing to base my judgement on. I have a couple of varmint rifles and a Toamhawk coming that I need brakes for, and was going to go with these again but figured I'd look into other options. If I could find one that followed the barrel contour that would be cool, but I haven't been able to find one that does, yet has no holes on the bottom and doesn't kill the spotter or other people on the line. My OPS inc. Brake doesn't seem to bother people at the range either, as long as they are behind the muzzle. The sound goes straight out at 90 degrees. I've seen the Hollands, which look ... similar... Ideas?

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.