oponion on burris XTR rings?

The 30mm XTR Tactical rings are great. I have used them on various calibres.
.308, 7mmRM, .338WM and .338 RUM. Mine have never slipped.

They do not however have windage adjustment, so if your rail is not aligned with your POI you may have trouble with getting your scope centred as I have recently with my 12-42x56 Nightforce BR scope on a .308.

The problem with this rifle is the action to barrel alignment. Not the rail or rings.

How do you think that the 30mm Zee rings would go with such a large scope on a .308??? It may be the answer to my alignment problem.

topshot, i have changed my mind and im now goin to buy the burris zee rings... no lappin issues and i can adjust the scope without buyin a rail . have ONLY read good things aboutr the zee rings, unlike the xtr's... im mounting a mark 4, i know that nightforce is much heavier but I would think the rings would handle it

topshot, i have changed my mind and im now goin to buy the burris zee rings... no lappin issues and i can adjust the scope without buyin a rail . have ONLY read good things aboutr the zee rings, unlike the xtr's... im mounting a mark 4, i know that nightforce is much heavier but I would think the rings would handle it

Bigsal,
I think that the Zee rings will be fine. Especially if your rifle already has a rail on top.
I am going to remove my rail and relpace it with a standard base set and Signature rings. This should fix my alignment problem.

I have a similar set up with Signature rings, on another Sako .338WM and it has performed very well.
Lets see a photo when you have it set up. I will try and post one too.

I recieved a set yesterday and sent them back today. I will not mount a a high$ scope in rings made as the ones I recieved. Obviously poor q/c or a fluke. Burris should be ashamed they let them out of the factory.
I'm upping my budget 2 to 4x based on what I've seen from manufacturers at the $50-75 price point.

I used to use them and I had to put loctite between the rings and the scope to get it to stop slipping. I quit using them and went with NF.

I used to use them and I had to put loctite between the rings and the scope to get it to stop slipping. I quit using them and went with NF.

Good job in getting yours to work. I thought about doing just what you did to make mine work correctly, but you really shouldn't have to use loc tite to get a pair of rings to work as designed.

I have about 4 sets on rigs from 7mag to 340wm, no problem. I favor seekings and NF, BUT 2X$$

Tried one set. Not happy! Poor quality and alignment but they did look good on the rifle. lol I'm sending them in for replacement. I've seen several reports of them being machined off center of late. This can happen to just about anyone once in a while. I might try the replacement pair or just sell them. The signature Zee's with the inserts are great though. Use them a lot without any issue. Well, no issue yet anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.