Opinions wanted

Looking for a new scope for hunting and target shooting. I'm interested in the following:
Burris Eliminator V
Burris Signature HD 5-25x50
Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56
Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x50

I know it's a pretty subjective question, but which one do you feel is the best bang for the buck?

Thanks
Broad price range there but I have 2 of the Razor LHTs, both 3-15x42 and both in Milliradian. They are excellent scope, glass is superb. On par, if not slightly better than my two VX5HD 3-15's. The only grip I have is one has a little mushier turrent than the other but that was when they first came out. Not sure if they improved that now.

The magnification ring on the LHT's and the older LH is a bit stiff. Of course, they give you a tiny little ridge to get ahold of too which is tough with gloves or cold fingers. A lever is a good idea, good point

Need a new scope.. Not sure where to ask this but i have a stainless rem 700 in 338 win. About 30 or so yrs old. Has a Brown pounder stock and is very light a hair over 6 lbs wo optics and recoil is substantial. I dont use it much but was going on a nilgai hunt and was sighting in with 250 gr partitions and my OLD steiner VZF 1.5 - 6 x42 WITH 30 mm tube locked up and cant adjust. Steiner wont fix it so i guess i need another, but would like to keep between $1k and $2k and want ffp up to 15 or 20 power. Would like to stay under 24oz total. I dont dial and dont shoot longer than 500 but like higher magnification to verify quality of rack. I know many scopes cannot handle recoil it generates, asking for suggestions. On what scopes in my price range will hold up. Any help is much appreciated.

Need a new scope.. Not sure where to ask this but i have a stainless rem 700 in 338 win. About 30 or so yrs old. Has a Brown pounder stock and is very light a hair over 6 lbs wo optics and recoil is substantial. I dont use it much but was going on a nilgai hunt and was sighting in with 250 gr partitions and my OLD steiner VZF 1.5 - 6 x42 WITH 30 mm tube locked up and cant adjust. Steiner wont fix it so i guess i need another, but would like to keep between $1k and $2k and want ffp up to 15 or 20 power. Would like to stay under 24oz total. I dont dial and dont shoot longer than 500 but like higher magnification to verify quality of rack. I know many scopes cannot handle recoil it generates, asking for suggestions. On what scopes in my price range will hold up. Any help is much appreciated.

thanks much for the input
I checked it out and it is a half-pound heavier than my limit of 24 oz. an ounce or two is not an issue but it is way too heavy for my particular needs. Looking at the Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x50 but not sure if it will hold up to the recoil on my rifle. I don't care about the warranty, if it doesn't work on the mountain the warranty is useless. I would like to know if this scope can handle high recoil. 338 win mag with 250 gr partitions over a hot load in a 7.5-pound total weight rifle with no brake (with optics, full mag and sling) is somewhat stiff, but who notices recoil in winter gear with a bull in the crosshairs?

thanks much for the input
I checked it out and it is a half-pound heavier than my limit of 24 oz. an ounce or two is not an issue but it is way too heavy for my particular needs. Looking at the Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x50 but not sure if it will hold up to the recoil on my rifle. I don't care about the warranty, if it doesn't work on the mountain the warranty is useless. I would like to know if this scope can handle high recoil. 338 win mag with 250 gr partitions over a hot load in a 7.5-pound total weight rifle with no brake (with optics, full mag and sling) is somewhat stiff, but who notices recoil in winter gear with a bull in the crosshairs?
I thought you were looking specifically for target shooting scopes….check out the Toric Hunting models, much much lighter. I have a 3-15 with a BDC reticle and love it.

Sorry, I should have been more clear- Hunting only- I never target shoot except for some practice. Really don't even want exposed turrets as I do not dial and don't need them getting damaged or moved in the field, but I am flexible on the top turret.
I like what I see on the TORIC 30MM 2.5-15X44 FFP Models[/H3] a bit heavy but not too far out of my spec. Wonder how it compares to the Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x50 for clarity, low light performance, and durability in a high recoil environment??

Better option

Looking at the Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x50 but not sure if it will hold up to the recoil on my rifle. I don't care about the warranty, if it doesn't work on the mountain the warranty is useless. I would like to know if this scope can handle high recoil. 338 win mag with 250 gr partitions over a hot load in a 7.5-pound total weight rifle with no brake (with optics, full mag and sling) is somewhat stiff, but who notices recoil in winter gear with a bull in the crosshairs?

Sounds like a thumpy little number!

So long as the mounting system is rock solid, I have full confidence in the LHT's durability and ability to hold zero. Mechanically, they are really good scopes. I have dropped them, fallen on them in -30, and even towed one down a rocky waterfall during a sudden and unexpected transit (lost my footing while crossing a creek).

Alex Wheeler gave a pretty good endorsement in this thread as well;

Any idea what you'll be using for rings?

(If you are shopping, take a gander at the NEAR Alpha Hunter direct mounts)

Recent Posts