Opinions please ( heavy or light)

rdsii64

Right now my bullet of choice for chasing coyotes has been the 50 grain vmax over 26 grains of N133. When the wind doesn't push me around I can cut x's at 600 yards. Cut that range in half, and I have full confidence that when struck in the vitals ole willey aint going very far.

Now that I have finished my AR 15 build I am in the process of deciding what bullet I want to shoot. (it has and 8 twist barrel) I have narrowed my choices to (1) tweaking my current load to work well in my new AR or (2) trying one of the heavy for caliber high bc bullets like the 77 grain Nosler, the 70 grain Berger, or the 69 grain blitz king.

I have no experience with using the heavier bullets but have heard good things. I have seen with my own eyes what I can and can not do with a 50 grain vmax.

what say you.

Right now my bullet of choice for chasing coyotes has been the 50 grain vmax over 26 grains of N133. When the wind doesn't push me around I can cut x's at 600 yards. Cut that range in half, and I have full confidence that when struck in the vitals ole willey aint going very far.

Now that I have finished my AR 15 build I am in the process of deciding what bullet I want to shoot. (it has and 8 twist barrel) I have narrowed my choices to (1) tweaking my current load to work well in my new AR or (2) trying one of the heavy for caliber high bc bullets like the 77 grain Nosler, the 70 grain Berger, or the 69 grain blitz king.

I have no experience with using the heavier bullets but have heard good things. I have seen with my own eyes what I can and can not do with a 50 grain vmax.

what say you.

I decided to stick with a tried and true varmint bullet. I keep the heavy stuff for the target line.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.