• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Opinions on the Terminus Zeus Action

PatriotHenry

Hello LRH,

I am shopping for an action. I was initially looking at the Axiom. Local smith suggested the Terminus instead. I really like the short bolt throw. The other items I am looking for are switch barrel simplicity, integral rail and recoil lug. My thoughts are ordering two bolts, 308 and Magnum. Do a smaller caliber for a fun plinker and the Mag to change to a hunting rifle when wanted. I will want DBM bottom metal.

Thoughts? Anyone have one, and how do you like it, pros-cons? Other suggestions?

Thanks!

PH, I have owned a Tikka, Impact Precision, and shot plenty of Lone Peak, Defiance, Curtis and a Tempest. I bought my first Terminus action almost a year ago. Now, I own five of them in varying calibers and sizes. They are, by far, the smoothest running actions of all that I listed above. The problem with other people's opinions is, everyone will tell you theirs is the best. I have owned and used extensively a lot of other actions and ended up putting my money where my mouth is. I shot ~4000 rounds last year, and will likely double that this year. They will all be shot on a Terminus. From a 6BR to a .375 in Terminus' soon to be released Titan, they really are the best action you can own. It doesn't hurt that you can actually get one in a short amount of time, and the owner is of the belief that customer service is everything.

I wish I could offer you a con, because I hate "fan-boys" but aside from running smooth and flawless, there aren't any mags they don't like, including usually finicky AW mags (I run this on my Zeus models).

Just my .02.

Chad

I have a few waiting on barrels. They are awesome in hand and Joel is very easy to deal with. my next one will be a switch barrel with the set screw.

PH, I have owned a Tikka, Impact Precision, and shot plenty of Lone Peak, Defiance, Curtis and a Tempest. I bought my first Terminus action almost a year ago. Now, I own five of them in varying calibers and sizes. They are, by far, the smoothest running actions of all that I listed above. The problem with other people's opinions is, everyone will tell you theirs is the best. I have owned and used extensively a lot of other actions and ended up putting my money where my mouth is. I shot ~4000 rounds last year, and will likely double that this year. They will all be shot on a Terminus. From a 6BR to a .375 in Terminus' soon to be released Titan, they really are the best action you can own. It doesn't hurt that you can actually get one in a short amount of time, and the owner is of the belief that customer service is everything.

I wish I could offer you a con, because I hate "fan-boys" but aside from running smooth and flawless, there aren't any mags they don't like, including usually finicky AW mags (I run this on my Zeus models).

Just my .02.

Chad
Thank you for your input Chad. You have helped me make my decision to buy one!

I stumbled on this thread by accident, but I have a terminus Zeus being shipped today. Now I'm dying to get my hands on it!