Opinions on NightForce SHV Scopes

A/C Guy

I've never seen one in person. I see a lot of used NightForce scopes for sale. Usually, that is a warning to me that the brand doesn't live up to the hype. So I would like to know if you have owned one, do own one, or have looked through your buddies NightForce scope and what is your opinion. I'm getting a new rifle in .300 PRC or .300WSM and will need a new scope. I'm mostly interested in optical quality compared to Zeiss and Swarovski. I know NightForce has a solid reputation as far as their turret design and quality.

Have or had all three. The nightforce shv is a great scope, even at full retail. You definitely want to consider the nightforce, I can't see you not constantly dialing either of those 30cals. Turrets are very reliable, optics are very good during all legal shooting hours. I've been putting two zeiss v4s through the tests, great so far,but I personally think the nightforce are brighter. Don't let used sales deter you from nightforce, some of us change optics and rifles more often than clean towels or bedsheets. .....

I have had the SHV and the vx5hd is noticeable better for clearer/sharper glass. I liked the turrets on the SHV probably better however. The SHV isn't bad price point I get mine for 1050 out the door non illuminated. Currently running mark5, vx5 gd, kahles.

I like my SHV. will buy another. My Zeiss conquest and the SHV are close glass wise but my ATACR blows em both put of the water. Need more time behind my vx5hd to quantify where it sits in the mix but its close id say.

My only complaint with my SHV is 10 MOA per rev. Other than that it's been a phenomenal scope. I've taken it out to 1,200 yards with zero complaints. But I've also never looked through a higher end scope

If there's one scope that's a hype job and has a great warranty that you'll most likely use, it's the one with a catchy name.

I've owned them all. The SHV is a great scope, the only flaw I notice, the Zero Set is not as positive as the other Nightforce scopes. Its a completely different system. In a Hunting Situation this is not that important, it does work.

I LOVE my swaros, absolutely fantastic. Light and so clear.

Budget should decide. If you are looking for lightweight, get the Swaro.

below NX8, SHV, Swaro Z-6

Attachments

• IMG_1649.JPG
    IMG_1649.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 267
  • IMG_1505.JPG
    IMG_1505.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1201.JPG
    IMG_1201.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 279
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.