opinions on Leuopld VX-6HD 4-24-52

Vol1975

Looking for an opinion on long range scopes. Currently Looking at the Leupold VX-6HD series in the 4x24x52.
Low light and repeatability is the main priority. With such a variety of scopes out there my decision is tough and I can't financial afford to make a mistake on my purchase.
Also I'm thinking of going with the SF Plane just because its personal preference on what I'm use to on using on a rifle for hunting. Please give good and bad opinions.

Thanks,

sorry for the can I just opened up.
LM

I have NF NXS, ATACR, and SB PMII to compare against. I have the VX6 hd 4-24 and so far it has been a great scope.I used this scope because I wanted a light scope.clarity, low light the scope is amazing. Time will tell if it holds its zero. I've used it for hunting and long range shooting quite a bit in the last year and haven't had an issue yet.

I have NF NXS, ATACR, and SB PMII to compare against. I have the VX6 hd 4-24 and so far it has been a great scope.I used this scope because I wanted a light scope.clarity, low light the scope is amazing. Time will tell if it holds its zero. I've used it for hunting and long range shooting quite a bit in the last year and haven't had an issue yet.

Thanks for the reply

If the low light in the non-hd model is any indication it should be fantastic. Mine was as good as a Swarovski Z5 5 to 25 x 52 on an optical chart and on the deer antlers in low light.

I have have had the vx6 4-24 52mm for about a year now. Had it out on a couple of long range weekends and adjustment seem accurate and clarity is very compatible to nightforce nsx. I really like the T-MOA reticle has a open center better for seeing small targets at very long range. Just keep in mind 34 mm rings if good quality are easily another 200 bones

I have several of the 3x18 and 4x24 non HD versions and they have been great scopes for me. They have better glass then my NXS scopes and the HD versions are suppose to be a bit better.

What ballistics program are people using to dial in their factory loads on the subtensions? My son bought the varmint reticle version.... Glass looks great.

I have this scope in non HD and am happy with it. I own several 3-18x with the HD glass and it is a bit better. The only thing this scope lack I feel is the amount of elevation for a 34mm tube should be higher, I think it's only ~68MOA while Sightron, NF, March are in the 100 MOA range. Take a look at the March 2.5x25x52mm, you are pretty much in the price range.

What ballistics program are people using to dial in their factory loads on the subtensions? My son bought the varmint reticle version.... Glass looks great.

Ballastic Advance edition seems to be pretty good. App Store off iPhone.
Like anything else u will need to tweak settings out to distance u want to shoot and play around with settings to get it really accurate.
Biggest thing is you will need to chronograph your factory load to get an avg speed.

I have the big boy leupold vx-6hd on my 28 nosler. I use StrelokPro on my iPhone. Has a reticle option that shows what each point would be in yard at different magnification settings. I just take that and hand draw it out on my card.
You could tweak 0 distance and get them to line up close to you preferred distance at a certain power.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.