Opinions on less reviewed Spotters - Leupold Santiam SX-5 & Sig Oscar 8

mercerbear

I can't find any reviews on the Sig Sauer Oscar 8 and very little on the Leupold Santiam SX-5.

Both are 27-55x80 spotters.

Does anyone have first hand experience with either?

I am planning to find game with some alpha 15x binos off of a tripod and want a decent spotter to size found animals up.

Both of those options interest me but I can't find much real world hunting info.

I had that leupold and it was pretty decent! I sold it however and got a KOWA 25-60X77. It is a step up for sure and slightly smaller to pack around if the budget fits that. Got it for $2070 out the door during the cameraland sale.

Kowa spotters are amazing. In higher end optics Kowa is absolutely worth consideration. We'd be glad to discuss this as well as other options with you, 516-217-1000

Hi Doug,

Have you ever looked through the Sig Oscar 8 spotter?

I can't find anything about it online.

For that matter, what is your opinion on the Zulu 9 binos?

I like the rugged build quality on the Sig Optics and the pricing. I'm curious how the quality of the viewing experience stacks up.

I have read a bit about Kowa. Customer service and warranties mean a lot to me. I don't want a hassle on my hands if I need to send something in.

I have not looked through the Oscar so I cannot comment. The Zulu's are very nice.
Kowa CS is excellent.

If you havw the time please give a call so we can discuss optics, 516-217-1000

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts