Opinions on best low light ffp scope

With that budget and basic description of your rig, I'd have really hard look at the Zero Compromise ZC527. I just put one of these on my 6.5CM match rifle. I don't have a ton of time behind it yet, but so far it's proving to be an incredible piece of glass. If you look over on Snipershide for reviews from their optics pros (LowLight, Glassaholic, etc) it ranks well above heavyweights like NF, Kahles and S&B and runs almost dead heat with much more expensive offerings from Tangent Theta. It's one of the only optics to score 100% on their annual tracking test other than the Tangent Theta (that list includes pretty much every major optics brand).

Other options I'd look at that are all outstanding (and other than the Tangent, within your budget too):
- TT 525P
- Minox ZP5
- Kahles K525

If you want a lower zoom range and save a few hundred $$, substitute the3-15/3-18/4-20 versions of the above recommendations.
I really appreciate your detailed message, I did go with the TT hunter since this will go on a mainly hunting rig but going to look up the options you gave me for my next long target scope.

Very good choice goino with the TT. I have the 3-15M with Gen2xr and the H. Love both of them. Nothing else on the market I would rather have. For shorter range the hunter reticle is perfect for me. Have the M on a long range rig as the gen2 gets a little thin below 5x. The ZCO is a fine optic very close to the TT, just a little bit heavier which is why it got sold and replaced with TT.

Very good choice goino with the TT. I have the 3-15M with Gen2xr and the H. Love both of them. Nothing else on the market I would rather have. For shorter range the hunter reticle is perfect for me. Have the M on a long range rig as the gen2 gets a little thin below 5x. The ZCO is a fine optic very close to the TT, just a little bit heavier which is why it got sold and replaced with TT.
I'm looking forward to getting it, they said 8 to 10 week wait. This will be the most expessive scope I've ever bought, so it was hard for me to pay that much for a 3-15 power but it was a good power range for the intended purpose. May have to start saving now for a 5-25!

You can usually find a 5-25 TT used in the for sale section here and on Snipers hide. You rarely see the 3-15M come up for sale.

You should also check out the new Zeiss FFP scope. It's a little bit higher than your price range, but can't be beat for light transmission and clarity.

Sightron is good, Not quite S&B but for the money this(34mm) and the 30mm version of the 10-50x 1/8 moa adj, is what a lot of us f-class guys use that are on a budget(about 900$), I would not recommend the stac versions but they aren't terrible and about 600$ for a ffp 4-20x illuminated reticle. Lots of info on the web on them. If you have the money go with the s&b PM2, I can see deer before/after legal shooting times…

Sightron SVIII Rifle Scope 40mm Tube 5-40x 56mm .1 MRAD Adjustments Side Focus Zero Stop… about 2k

I have a 4-16 S&B Polar T96. It is better than my 5-25 PMIIs for low light. I haven't stretched it to 1K, but I have taken it to 750 shooting 12" diamonds on a farm a friend has access too. My longest hunting shot with that scope was about 275 and was in the last 5 minutes of legal light on a deer at the edge of the woods. No problem.

I have looked through ZCOs, and they are great scopes. I don't have and haven't looked through a TT. I do have the predecessor from when it was Premier. To my eye the PMIIs and the Polar are both better than my Premier.

However, at this level so much is to the eye of the beholder.

I did not chime in before. But will now, for some info on your next scope. Your first choice (TT315H) was a fantastic one.

I will just give a list of my current scope line up. Should show where I lean. I have used every one of these to hunt with. And every type has been used to shoot steel out past a mile. The scopes with an * are on lighterweight (8.5-10.5# scoped and suppressed) rifles.

*Four Tangent Theta TT315M 3-15x50
Two ZCO 4-20x50
Premier Heritage 5-25x56
*Premier Heritage Light Tactical 3-15x50 (predecessor of the TT315M)
S&B PMII 3-20x50 MTC LT
*S&B PMII 3-20x50 Ultra Short
*S&B PMII 5-20x50 Ultra Short
*Kahles K318i 3.5-18x50

If Tangent Theta came out with a TT420M 4-20x50, they would cost me an arm and a leg.
Or if ZCO would come out with a 26-28oz 4-20x50, same thing.

I did not chime in before. But will now, for some info on your next scope. Your first choice (TT315H) was a fantastic one.

I will just give a list of my current scope line up. Should show where I lean. I have used every one of these to hunt with. And every type has been used to shoot steel out past a mile. The scopes with an * are on lighterweight (8.5-10.5# scoped and suppressed) rifles.

Two ZCO 4-20x50
Premier Heritage 5-25x56
S&B PMII 3-20x50 MTC LT
*Kahles K318i 3.5-18x50

If Tangent Theta came out with a TT420M 4-20x50, they would cost me an arm and a leg.
Thanks for the input, I'll look into some of them. Not to many years ago I would have never thought about spending that much for a scope. I have over the years got to were I appreciate nice glass. You have a nice collection of scopes!

Two ZCO 4-20x50
Premier Heritage 5-25x56
S&B PMII 3-20x50 MTC LT
*Kahles K318i 3.5-18x50

How does that Kahles stack up agains the others….turret and glass wise?

Ive had a couple Kahles. 5x25 and 3x18 both had nice turrets, good glass, but the resolution and parallax were just not a good as the other alpha glass. The thing that bugged me the most was excessive CA that both scopes had. CA may not bother some people but it really bothers me. TT and ZCO just does show any CA.