Opinions of Barska.

Bought binoculars at Dick's - Junk. Returned them a few days later.

Unlike the others here, I've had excellent results with my 4-16x50 scope. It's held a 200 yard zero perfectly now for a few months. unfortunately the fable holds true of you get what you pay for. If you go into the purchase of a lower end scope knowing and fully understanding this, then I think you'll be pleased. I believe the negative results are from those who are expecting their $99 scope to work just as good as the $1100 counter part. That's what's called product ignorance in the retail world.

I bought a 6~24 for a little over $100 I took it home and mounted it on my 17 fireball for a gopher getter.

Upon sight in the firs thing I noticed was, on the higher powers it was very cloudy picture kinda like looking through a jug of 1% milk. . But when I turned it down to about 14 X it was not to bad. So, thats ok, I really didn't need over 14X anyway.

Next thing I noticed was it didn't track right. 2 clicks were more or sometimes less that 1/2" at 100 yds. Like 2 to 3 inches or nothing. Oh well, thats ok as long as it holds zero. I am going to use the mildot reticle anyhow.

Upon getting her dialed in I was uprised to see the rifle was shooting the worst groups it ever had. 2" plus for 5 @ 100 and the rifle usually shot 1/2 to 3/4". ***???

So I pulled it off and put a 3x9 bushnell on it that was laying under the bench. The rifle now was back to 1/2 to 3/4" at 100 yards.

Took the Barska back got my money ordered a Vortex Viper and put it on. Now I have something I can use. Lesson learned.

Your Milage may Vary.

Jeff gun)gun)

Put a 6.5-20x50 on my .223 last winter, havn't done enough shooting with it yet to tell anyone not to buy one. But, it is a $110 scope, I don't expect it to be perfect. It will probably end up on a .17 anyways.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.