Opinions - Most Accurate $500 ish 22LR rifle

You might take a look at the new Bergara BMR. Nice looking, close to your price point. I have a Savage MKll-BV that's a pretty good shooter, but finding something you want in stock might take some effort.

I love my Tikka t1x in 17hmr, but it has been at the Beretta warranty center for at least a months and I haven't heard anything. A cartridge exploded in the chamber and the force blew through the magazine well, destroying the bottom metal, (which isn't metal), the magazine, and roughed up my forearm real nice. When I called them, they didn't express surprise or shock, just told me to send it to them, which I did, and a month or so later I've heard nothing. Other than that, it is amazing and I love it. I will still love it if they do the right thing in warranty, but time will tell.

I am kinda thinking about the same. Was leaning CZ, already a huge pistol fan, but then I saw the add for the Bergara BMR. If they can actually put one of a shelf this year I would be interested.

I only have semi auto 22's but have a ton of ammo and thinking about getting a bolt gun for range practice to save my target run's barrel for mostly matches and to save components/cost. I could pay for a $500 gun inside of 6 months of shooting.

I'm looking for a full sized bolt 22lr with as good of accuracy as $500 will buy and a decent trigger.

I could put a barrel and trigger on one of my 10/22's but would rather have a bolt gun.

Note I already have a good scope to use.
Savage Mk II BSEV...crazy looking and crazy fun, pretty accurate, too, under 1/4 MOA @ 50 yds

Savage BSEV 22 Target.png

I have a pretty good sized collection of .22LR bolt rifles, including Anschutzs, CZs, Bergara, Savage, Steyr, Tikka, Weatherbys, and Rugers. All but one are decent in their own way. The two I like the most are the CZ 455 and the Tikka T1X. The CZ is great because of the switch barrel capability and the action is pretty smooth. Put a good trigger and Lilja barrel in it and it will out shoot your ability all day long. The 90 bolt throw that can hit the scope with lower rings is a detractor but you can get a new Glades Armory handle to fix it. The new CZ 457 model fixed that with a 60 bolt trow design. The Tikka T1X just does everything right out of the box. Accurate, smooth 45 degree bolt throw (which takes a little getting used to) decent mags, and great cartridge trigger (which can be improved even more with a YoDave $8 spring) and can be dropped into any centerfire Tikka stock (factory or aftermarket) with no mods at all. I put it into a factory Tikka centerfire stock that already had the vertical grip and recoil pad (for longer LOP). Its nearly as accurate as my Anschutz rifles at one fourth to one eighth the price without being finicky about feeding or ammo. The Steyr Zephyr II is very nice and very accurate but twice the price and needed some "cleaning up" to work like a $1000 rifle should. The biggest disappointment was the Bergara. I had high hopes for the Rem 700 footprint barreled action I bought. I dropped it into a McMillan A6 stock with a Hawkins DBM. With everything, the price would be around 1600. Out of the box the action wasn't very smooth at all, the chamfer on the chamber had a heavy burr that required polishing and the trigger was on the heavy side but workable. The biggest disappointment was the accuracy. Any of my other rifles would out shoot it with any ammo. It is no more accurate than my takedown 10/22 in a Magpul backpack stock. If you want the absolute cheapest but still fairly accurate, go with the Savage.

Keystone Arms 722 Varmint /Target
What about that Mini Mosin? My grandson is getting one of this for his next b-day!

Has anyone tried the Ruger Precision rifle 22 yet. It's retail is $529.00. I have a tack driving 10/22 I built for around $600. It'll do about 7/8" at 100 yards with Federal GMM. I don't know how that stacks up against the CZ or Tikka.

Keystone. I have been through the plant in PA. Everything is made in house or sourced locally - including walnut sourced from local Amish. I have more than one of the 722s and they all shoot better than me - given quality ammo. Adjustable triggers - variety of stocks to choose from.

In used I'd look at Win 75's and Rem 513T's.

I've been thinking that I might need an FVT I or FVT II myself. Toss the Tuperware and bed it in a Boyd's ProVarmint.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.