Opinions- Front and rear support for hunting

While I have been hunting for over 30 years, I am taking my first Mule Deer trip, in the mountains of WY in a couple of months. I am all about shooting as supported as possible, both front and rear. I have made other inquiries about gear that I thought I had squared away and have actually learned a bunch form the feedback that I got.

So, what have you guys found to be the most versatile for front and rear support of the rifle? I don't expect any crazy long shots, but even at 400 yds, without good support, it's pretty easy to miss. I don't want to count on being able to lay down prone, but that may end up being the case. We are packing in and out of this hunt and will be on horses, so weight and packability will be a consideration. I am already planning to have my tripod with me for extended glassing periods.

Pictures and links to your favorite arrangements would be very helpful. Thanks.
If shooting from one of the steep hillsides so very common in Wyoming it's hard to be a good set of shooting sticks like Primos Steady Stix out front and your hunting pack under your arm for the rear. Rock solid!

Bipod Buddy with a Harris type S for me.

Attachments

• 2235B437-47BE-49B6-BB8E-A516F71B07EF.jpeg
    2235B437-47BE-49B6-BB8E-A516F71B07EF.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 81
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.