Opinions for modular stock

I don't mind shooting my Ar's and like having the adjustments, but the stocks tend to rip out beard hair and when hit against a tree stand are louder than traditional. My main thoughts on doing the modular setup or chassis is so I can add a thermal scope in front of my scope so I don't have to remove it. That way I don't have to adjust my zero on the thermal, I use it on multiple rifles. My other thought was to be able to add a MARS system onto my existing setup.
Here's the HNT26 when I had it put together.

Attachments

• IMG_1514 (1).jpg
    IMG_1514 (1).jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1513.jpg
    IMG_1513.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Last edited:
We have 2 Christensen MPR both in 6.5 PRC. Love the folding stock! Have mloc bipod on both.
Just ordered an MPA Hybrid in a 7 PRC with a #7 steel barrel. Only about $150 more than the MPR. Hope i love the gun!!

Just ordered an MPA Hybrid in a 7 PRC with a #7 steel barrel. Only about $150 more than the MPR. Hope i love the gun!!
I'm trying to figure out which MPA in 7 PRC right now. Did you go with folding stock? How much does your Hybrid weight? I'm thinking an 8 to 9lb rifle hunt ready would be great in the 7 PRC.
I'd also love to have an ultralight mountain rifle (XLR chassis) in 6.5 PRC or Creedmoor... just need me some money!

Yes I have a Zermatt origin with proof barrels, it is close to 6.5 lbs on the traditional stock w/o scope and rings. That gun has a Nightforce Nxs which adds some weight after scope and rings it is close to 9lbs. I know I don't want to go any lighter than what it is already
Is that a 700 footprint? I.e. will it fit into stocks and chassis with rem 700 inlet.

EDIT: yep, it's a 700 footprint.

I really like my KRG Bravo, but it is non folding and doesn't have an extended rail for mounting a thermal in front. It feels like a traditional stock with chassis type adjustability. I'm not actually sure how much rail length you need to mount a thermal. 🤷‍♂️ I'd weigh the stock you have and then you'll know the approximate weight with the chassis. For reference, the Bravo is listed as 2.9 lbs and the Whisky is around 4 lbs with the folding stock.

I'd check out Cadex too for a chassis system, great reputation and I know some people with their rifles and chassis' that rave about them. https://www.cadexdefence.com/products/commercial-products/

McRees FAST Chassis Folding. Moves the bipod way out in front compared to a standard mounting point, folds shorter, and is built solid. There are bolts in the front top of the forend for a UNS mount to put NV/thermal on. Holes in bottom for an ARCA mount.

the stocks tend to rip out beard hair
I put these on everything that I can. No more pulled hairs, no more sweaty face sliding around, no more cold face in the winter. They come in a bunch of pre-fit sizes, but they're basically just a microsuede pad with velcro tabs sewn in, so they can be made to fit a lot of things.

Is that a 700 footprint? I.e. will it fit into stocks and chassis with rem 700 inlet.

EDIT: yep, it's a 700 footprint.

I really like my KRG Bravo, but it is non folding and doesn't have an extended rail for mounting a thermal in front. It feels like a traditional stock with chassis type adjustability. I'm not actually sure how much rail length you need to mount a thermal. 🤷‍♂️ I'd weigh the stock you have and then you'll know the approximate weight with the chassis. For reference, the Bravo is listed as 2.9 lbs and the Whisky is around 4 lbs with the folding stock.

I'd check out Cadex too for a chassis system, great reputation and I know some people with their rifles and chassis' that rave about them. https://www.cadexdefence.com/products/commercial-products/
I need a 4" pic rail for the thermal, but I haven't tried to put it in front of my Nxs to even see if it will focus. I can drop the thermal on my Ar's with no issues but that isn't the other rifles, and maybe I'm hoping for something that isn't possible with that thermal. Yes 700 footprint, my current stock weighs 19 oz it is a peak 44. But if I find something I like the weight can be more. When I sit down later I'm going to check out the bravo.

I need a 4" pic rail for the thermal, but I haven't tried to put it in front of my Nxs to even see if it will focus. I can drop the thermal on my Ar's with no issues but that isn't the other rifles, and maybe I'm hoping for something that isn't possible with that thermal. Yes 700 footprint, my current stock weighs 19 oz it is a peak 44. But if I find something I like the weight can be more. When I sit down later I'm going to check out the bravo.
Check out the MDT XRS as well. I like it a bit better than the Bravo, plus you can add wood panels as an after market piece. They also have the Timbr which is a nice laminate stock in chassis form. I like them all, but I'm going GGS since I have a Tikka and you can run LA, SA, and rimfire from one stock.