opinion please

rdsii64

I am in the process of upgrading my current thunder stick. In its current form it wears a hogue overmold stock and a Nikko Sterling nighteater sits on top.
As I save the money both the stock and the scope are going to be replaced.
Since I am not going to be able to do them both at the same time. Which would you recommend I change first the stock or the scope. The stock isn't a bad stock I just want one that free floats the barrel better and has a complete bedding block not just pillar bedded. The scope is complete junk. While it does seem to hold its zero the click adjustments suck. you can't hear them and can barely feel them. If you were wearing gloves there is no way you could be sure how many clicks you just dialed.

Anyway thanks for the input.

SCOPE FIRST!!!! lol, seriously. You really need to be able to trust that your scope holds zero, and is repeatable and reliable. I started the long range gig this year, bought the Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 MD scope and i've loved it for target shooting. Shot 1k yards today with it!!!! it wasnt easy but it works! GO with the scope first! Probably new mounts too, maybe a 20 moa base for that rifle!

[
The scope is complete junk. While it does seem to hold its zero the click adjustments suck. you can't hear them and can barely feel them. If you were wearing gloves there is no way you could be sure how many clicks you just dialed.

I think you arlready know which one. THE SCOPE. if you dont trust your scope then it doesnt matter what you have on it. my father just got into long range. he didnt want to spend 1500 on a nightforce. i talked to alot of people for a lower costing scope. for the money you can get a bushnell 5-15-40 tactical for fust over 300. i had nate at ssg order him one. when i got it i mojunted it and sighted it in. then i did a box test on the scope to check the tracking and it was aceptable.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.