Opinion on rings and bases....

Gunslinger

Anybody have any opinion of "Warne" rings and bases? I was looking at a set the other day and they looked pretty stout to me. Something to put on a .300 Win. Mag. Just looking for opinions. Thanks!

I used Warne rings on several heavy calibre hunting rifles and had no problems whatsoever. Have not used them on a LR rifle but I believe Chris J. has.

I've since switched to Talley as they are made in Wyoming. No flies on the Warne rings though as far as I'm concerned.

Holmes

Savageshooter--
I have several sets of the Warne rings and 1 set of bases and they are hell for stout...I used the bases on a M7 I had. The rings adorn several of my LR/Varmint rifles and I also have a set on a .308 PSS and a set on my custom .338 RUM. They hold the heavy scopes well without spending a fortune. I recommend the Maxima line of rings( either the TPA or the Lever-QR style) and the Ken Farrell tapered bases. www.kenfarrell.com
For the money, this combo can't be beat for toughness....

Well I ordered a set of Warne rings and bases for my T/C Encore .300 Win. Mag. They are extremely stout and it doesn't look like I will have a problem with recoil. I really like the rings and bases. I ordered them through www.eabco.com If you shoot a T/C I would recommend these guys to you. Very nice and quick shipping. Thanks for the input from you guys!!!

On my .308 TAC I use a Farrell "G-Force" with 5 MOA slope and Warne 30mm MAXIMA Steel Thumb Knob Rings. Scope is a Burris BD 8x32 and so there's alot of weight to hold. So far it's all working great.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.