Opinion on Barrel Made by Montana Rifle

hardhead045

I would like any info about Montana Rifle Barrels. What is your opinion on the quality? Thinking about trying one for varmit shooting. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Todd DuBose

I have personal experience with these and I don't think you would be dis-pleased with the quality. I'm kind of fond of that Model 1999 action they make, too. Their delivery time on barrels is fantastic, they mean what they say about the 30 days or less (although they did get tied up a little during the AR boom, but not much). Nice folks to deal with, too.

I built a 7mm wildcat on a Montana Rifle barrel and it has been amazing. Shooting 160 gr Noslers @3325 fps..Over 1000 rounds...Still groups .5 MOA.

I don't think you can ask better than that.

Delivery for me was 2 weeks, and like he said they are great people to work with.

Good luck with the build.

What I should of asked in my first post, Are Montana Barrels Button Rifled or Cut or ? I see on their web page that they are hand lapped, But it does'nt state how they are rifled. Thanks, Todd DuBose

What I should of asked in my first post, Are Montana Barrels Button Rifled or Cut or ? I see on their web page that they are hand lapped, But it does'nt state how they are rifled. Thanks, Todd DuBose

You can contact them at:

The Montana Rifleman
3172 Mt. Hwy 35
Kalispell, MT 59901
Phone: (406)755-4867
Fax: (406)755-9449
Email: [email protected]

You can contact them at:

The Montana Rifleman
3172 Mt. Hwy 35
Kalispell, MT 59901
Phone: (406)755-4867
Fax: (406)755-9449

Email: [email protected]

That's what I'd do. I may ask for feedback (about a company or product) on a forum, but, the answers to specific questions are best asked directly to that company. You don't get what someone heard that way, you get facts and direct answers.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.