oops...not 40x trigger, x mark pro trigger

big mike 2121

Sorry, in earlier post I mentioned the 40x trigger. the questions I had were meant to be asked about the x mark pro trigger, niot the 40 x. anyway, is the x mark self adjustable, or should it be brought in to a smith for the work? Are they good triggers? Or i a rifle basix or timney recommended?

Big Mike,

The x mark pro can be adjsuted with an included allen wrench. I took my x mark pro off my Rem 700 and replaced it with a Timney. I wanted to be able to get under the 4 lbs of the x mark pro and the Timney will allow it as I am sure you know. I found the timney on sale for under 100 and snatched it up.

The X-mark triggers can be adjusted. I have two of them. One adjusted nicely and feels relatively light and crisp. The best adjusting on the other x-mark was replacing it with a Timney. The Timney is even hands down better than the good x-mark I have.

I was really disappointed in the differences between the two x-marks I have though. They were night and day different which is sad for the new and "improved" trigger. I have several of the old remington triggers and I actually liked the good x-mark better but the other wasn't even close. Funny thing is the bad one was on a sendero and the good one on a xcr.

I have a sendero with the x mark pro trigger finally bought a trigger pull guage and checked the weight 5 lbs +. adjusted the screw out with the allen wrench that came with the gun, got it down to about 4lbs but the screw was hanging on the last thread ready to fall out. My solution was to order a jewell trigger from midway with the safety on it as the x mark safety wont convert over to a shilen or timney trigger. Jewell was a bit spendy but there supposed to be the Rolls Royce of 700 triggers will post when get installed.

The new XMark pro comes set from the factory at 3.5 lbs and you can adjust it down with the supplied tool without removing anything. The tool is just a shot allen rench with a handle that fis in the rigger guard.

I believe the 40X is the trigger tha is put on Remington target rifles.

The new XMark was introduced in 2009 and is he bes factory trigger I've seen so far.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.