Only found one coyote....

DSCN0005.jpg

You need to have it hosted somewhere such as photobucket but you can imbed it as above.
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
DSCN0005.jpg

Is what you need to have it imbedded in your post. </pre><hr />
or you can click on Image under Instant UBB Code when you post and paste the link in the pop up box.

"You need to have it hosted somewhere such as photobucket but you can imbed it as above"

How do you imbed it -i did use photobucket.
Please give me very detailed info. b/c if you skip a step no matter how small it won't work.
Thanks a bunch for any help..-Mike

Mike,
You need to click on the IMG Code for the picture in photobucket and paste that link in your post. That will do it. You were close but posted the wrong link. Hope that helps.

OK Mortage Man you gave me the tip i needed !-Thanks

How's this for an odd wound channel -80yd hit standing at an angle.You can see a small blood spot lower neck/front shoulder area[first photo].
There was a big hollow cavity that i could see down into.&gt;100gr nos. bt
If i had taken my 22-250 i might have got the other coyote the recoil from the 25-06 is just a tad too much when trying get off multiple shots.
This coyote and a mate were jumped up when i was walking my foxpro down to a small rock outcropping.How's that for picking a good calling location ? Little too good but i'll take them anyway i can get them.
DSCN0004.jpg

The other two i spoke of were trotting up a hill away from a long 40 minute set.
I laid down immediately and barked at them a couple of times they stopped and posed for a second -i knew they were way out there,i held 8ish" over the large ones back and into the wind about the same 8" and let a 100gr nos-bt go.
I heard the whop but not a good whop but he bawled two-three times ran in a big looping circle then disappeared into the brush.
I went to the spot where he stood and there was good blood sign all over the area and ranged back to where i shot from -365yds.I looked for him for about forty-fifty minutes to no avail and walked back down to where the blood sign was.
I caught movement in front of me [50yds] and there was the smaller coyote obviously looking for it's partner.Put crosshair on the shoulder but was a little shaky from all the walking/searching.The bullet went right down the front shoulder and tore the coyotes side open and its rearend wasn't working.It did some spins in the sage for a few seconds laid over then jumped up and ran around the hillside out of sight.There were blood spots six-eight inchs in diameter in the grass and up on the sagebrush but no coyote in sight.I looked for another forty minutes or so and could not believe i couldn't find either coyote.
I marked the area and did sweeps -zig-zags but could not find either one of them.Bummed out but what's a guy to do.
I went to the area to hunt b/c a rancher in a d&amp;s supply house told me the coyotes were eating his livestock for three years now.I usually wait until after labor day but will continue to shoot them due to the high numbers of coyote sign and no other animals to be seen.
The gun is a rem 700 w/a 6.5x20-50 zeiss conquest -100gr nos bt load 54gr imr 4350 win case ,had it since i was 20yrs i'm 47 now.Finally got to hunt w/it the way i dreamed of for many years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Well thanks again for helping w/the photo uploading.-Mike

Nice pic Mike!!

Some coyotes just have a will to live, no matter what you hit them with. The one in the pic doesn't look like he had a very good day...I'm surprised you lost the one you shot at 50 yards, you woulda thunk it would drop him DRT??

Love the caliber/rifle as well!!

Any idea how fast those 100g NBT's are going with that IMR-4350 load?? Whats your accuracy like??

Good luck and hope you get A LOT more!!

Nice gun and nice coyote Mike. Man I wished I had one of those foxpro's I hear lots good about them, sounds like you like your's too. Do you think you hit that one coyote in the butt?, the one that circle'd around.
I miss more coyotes than I hit, its just something about a running target, I think. I missed one by Durkee last week. I seen this deer charging at something up this hill. A closer look he was chasing a coyote off. Man I couldnt pass this off. I plopped down with my bi-pod (non-swivel) 25-06AI, the ground was uneven so put my hand under the left leg to level the crosshair. My guess was 550-600 yards (ordered a new CRF 1200) so I just put the plex on the top of his head. Shot hit at his feet, oops I forgot my lead holdover. Oh well, maybe he will think twice next time before he messes with another deer.

R-man 25-06 ,

I don't know the velocity of the load [chrono on the want list] but the gun shoots consistent 1" groups at 200yds in good conditions.
I've lapped the lugs ,polished the crown ,and bedded the hs stock ,bedded the bases tuned the trigger to about 2-3 lbs.
For a factory rifle it's a good'un.
Shoots accubonds ,75 v-max ,85 nos bt's equally well.
when the barrel is gone i'll go to a 25-06AI.
And yuup you'd think the 50 yd female would have been a given.I covered a LOT of ground searching for them but MIA.
Your right some coyotes just don't want to die -i shot one five times w/a 221 fireball at close range -what a mess..

Flybuster ,

I couldn't find the coyote [first one 365yds] in the scope after the shot ,but once i got focused in on him i could see that he was bloody on his stomach and face.&lt;- Biting at the wound i'm sure.
The 50 yarder was unzippered down its left side and could barely run /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif.I didn't worry one bit when it ran around the hill b/c i had already been searching the direction it ran --very open nowhere to hide.&lt;- WRONG.
I'm still puzzled !
A good rest is the absolute most important aspect of longrange shooting -i'm still trying to figure out a good field system.
I'm going to get a knotched leg swivel 9-13" w/a pod lock soon and a rear bag from triad.
CRF 1200 is a leica?
And yes i do like a foxpro -got two of them actually.
I like to put the caller out a ways facing into the wind -use the locator howl then answer w/a handcall.
If i see a coyote i shoot it -period....

Mike I have never done buisiness with this company but someone posted its link on this website, swiveling notched bi pods for $79.95. http://www.greenmountaintactical.com/Swivel_Bipods_s/34.htm
I haven't seen a better price. I wished I had some money right now. Been layed off for a total of 3 weeks, still got payed unemployment but you can't just sit at home! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Gas prices on the other hand. But the real bummer, I lost $400 dollar fly rod in the lake. I was catching some nice trout, one even went 17.5" real thick, next fish I know pulls the rod off my pontoon boat into the lake. I panic, rowed the wrong way. I Tried to grab it as it sunk like the Titanic into the murky waters. Then she was gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
P.S yes the 1200 CRF Leica , From Bill Bailey.

You will be real real happy with the 25-06 Ackley when it comes time. I thought the standard cartridge was the bomb, till I shot the improved. Mines a Sendero that has a 1-10" Lilja 3 groove, but its throated for the 87 grain hollow point. But this short throat seats the 100 grain bullets nice, but not too great with the 115s, except Berger VlD cause its short bearing surface. Theres good reloading data in Sierra edition 5, and if your lucky you can get a Redding Comp seat die. Only problem so far is I'm sitting on 1000, 75 grain V-max and they dont shoot worth beans outta this barrel. They are by far the most explosive bullet I have encountered, so I will keep them for someday.

Flybuster ,
Thanks for the green mountain site.

Bummer on losing a nice fishing rig.

Being out of work can be stressful -i know i've been there.
I to have some 75gr v-max they are about the most frangible bullet going.I'm doing some load developement w/ some remington brass and 75gr v-max right now.&lt;-Trying to use up 80pc of rem brass -the 75's shot great w/winchester brass.

I killed another coyote friday -i'll post a picture soon.
55gr sierra blitzking out of a 22-250 rem 700- he's missing about five inchs of spinal column.-Mike

Another good coyote..
Called in two nice coyotes - spooked one but killed this 22-24lbs male within sight of the ranchers livestock.
Guessed him to be 300yd actually 250ish.
Rem 700 22-250 ,hs precision,douglas xx 26" stainless ,zeiss 4.5x14-44.
Shoots 55gr sierra blitzkings w/h-380 into .4"-.5" groups.
I went back to a 250yd zero -was using mpbr=maximum point blank range but the midrange trajectory is too high [3.5"] for my taste.You can easily over shoot a coyote especially if you use a hard surface to shoot off of.
DSCN0007.jpg

That's a great looking stock Mike, Those H-S are the way to go. That wound is from a 22-250? Maybe I need to be shooting bigger bullets out of mine! Im using H-380 w/50 v-max, but IMR just came out with a new short cut powder called IMR-4007sc, which shows some good velocity promise with 55 grain bullets can't wait to try it.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.