One Year Later: The 1st Anniversary of www.elr-resources.com

ELR Researcher

I came on this forum on May 1, 201 1 to announce the launch of "a non-commercial, extreme long range (ELR) information site", www.elr-resources.com. "It provides links to products, services, and information for ELR shooters and anybody interested, as I am, in this area…"

Below is a brief recap of what it was on day one vs what it is today, 7500+ home page hits later.

Sections: Then: 13; now: 15 (added "Training" and "News")

Companies with model-name rifles and/or explicit builds in ELR cartridges i.e., ones listed on the Cartridges page): Then: 50 (estm); now: 107

Rifle component subsections: Then: 8; now: 9 (added "DBMs and Mags")
Companies with ELR-capable/focuses rifle components: Then: 60 (estm); now: 158 including:

Action/receivers: 22 [plus three comparative matrixes based on bolt face – 338 LM, 408 CT, and 50 BMG – 50 actions in all]
Barrels: 18
DBMs and Mags: 13
Misc: 6
Muzzle Brakes: 21
Scope Bases and Rings: 15
Scopes: 19 [no cheap, junk-class brands]
Stocks and Bipods: 36
Triggers: 8

Companies with ELR-capable/focused ammunition components (not ammo): Then: 40 (estm); now: 61 including 21 brass and 24 bullets/projectiles [plus four comparative projectile matrixes based on caliber- 338, 375, 408-458, and 510]

Companies with reloading equipment items for ELR cartridges: Then: 50 (estm); now: 75

Companies providing miscellaneous products generally focused on ELR type rifles/shooting: Then: 20 (estm); now: 32

Gunsmiths building ELR-capable rifles (some overlap to Rifles, included if they offer general gunsmithing services beyond rifle builds): Then: 18-20 (estm); now: 38

Ranges (out to at least 1000 yard): Then: 18-20 (estm); now: 38 [including info on whether 50 BMG rifles are allowed]

Retailer/e-tailers (general, broad-line companies with multiple products applicable to ELR shooting): Then: 20-25 (estm); now: 37

Training: Then: 0; now: 33

Cartridges (with definite long range focus and at least the muzzle energy of a 338 LM, max factory load): Then: 20-25 (estm); now: 36 [plus 15 chamber reamer drawings from Pacific Tool and Gage]

Other info sites (associations and clubs, info sites and forums, legal, and pubs, articles and photos): Then: 30 (estm); now: 42

News: Then: 0; now: weekly site update info and new products info (e.g., SHOT Show recaps) since early June 2011.

Site functionality added – site-wide navigation links at the top of every page, site-wide search, color coded tags for major cartridge/caliber info in rifles, actions, DBMs and mags, and brass.

So… one year later and a LOT more info.

I update the site at least once a week and do site-wide link checks about once every six months – one will be done shortly. During the year I have received only 1-2 e-mails about bad links.

I've tried very hard to make this a solid resource for the ELR shooting community. Hope you've visited, checked it out at length, and found it worth bookmarking.

I continue to be open for leads on companies, products, services, and info resopurces I've missed. I received probably 10-12 inputs during the year.

PLEASE do let me know what you think of the site and pass the word if you feel it is worthwhile.

Best regards and God Bless!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.