One Scope, Two Rifles

EdWalton

I now have one! But this is probably the only Schmidt & Benders 5-25x56 PM that I'll ever own. I've mounted it on my 700, Tax Season is nearing an end, and I'm so looking forward to getting out sighting this rig in. I decided to use a picatinny rail with one piece Rings from DNZ.

I'm not finished with one project and I have to consider another. I want to mount another rail on a second rifle, to be in a position to switch the scope back & forth. I know I'd have adjustment variations which would have to be documented. What other issues would be coming my way?

Thank You

Ed

Ed,
One thing you will want to do is make sure both rails have the same dimensions. I used to work in a gun shop where we sold lots of high end tactical weapons. I did all the scope mounting and bore sighting for our customers who wanted that service. A couple times I had to move scopes between rifles that had different brands of pic rails and the spacing was off enough that the scope would not transfer over without loosening the rings and sliding them around. You will also need a tourqe wrench to use mounting and moving your scope. I've seen significant changes is where my laser bore sight would hit in the scope if the tourqe was not the same every time. I was mounting scopes on everything from AR-15's to Barrett M-107's. Hope this helps and wasn't just telling you things you already knew.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts