One scope two guns?

TYoung

I have 2 custom guns 270WBY & 300WBY both with Nightforce 20 MOA rails and Nightforce scopes on them, one an NXS and the other ATACR. I was thinking about just using the ATACR scope and switching back and forth between the two guns, wondering if anyone else does this and how accurate it is when they switch back and forth between the two guns? I'm using American rifle Co. Rings.

I think the only way to do this would be in a Uni mount...Tighten and re-tighten ring screws and mounting the scope would have them worn out before long I believe... JMO Dave

If you shoot them long range and use a bubble level on the scope and move the scope between the rifles, you will probably find that the bubble level is no longer level. Depending on the severity, that might signal all knids of small difficulties. Also depends on how ofter you want to move the scope. Once, twice a year is one thing, monthly is another.

If I had that kinda hardware, I would sell the the NSX and get another ATACR.

I have 2 custom guns 270WBY & 300WBY both with Nightforce 20 MOA rails and Nightforce scopes on them, one an NXS and the other ATACR. I was thinking about just using the ATACR scope and switching back and forth between the two guns, wondering if anyone else does this and how accurate it is when they switch back and forth between the two guns? I'm using American rifle Co. Rings.
Save the headache, save your money, and buy a second scope. Swapping them would be a complete pain in the ***.

Why complicate things unnecessarily?

My gunsmith does it with a Nightforce and rails. He notes where the sight is set for each rifle uses a torque wrench to tighten the rings. They return to within one MOA every time.

Because I have better things to do than rezero my optic every time I grab a different rifle.
I wasn't asking you why, I was asking the op.
I can't seem to come up with a reason, besides maybe a money issue. If that was the case, I would rather sell both of those, and buy a couple proven midrange scopes, rather than switch back and forth.

Thanks to all who responded, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Both rifles shoot really well but since I got the ATACR the NXS does not float my boat as much. (clarity,brightness and field of view) I was thinking of selling my nxs and just using one scope between the two but wondered about the complications of it. Sounds like if I'm not willing to spend the money to buy a new ATACR that I should just leave the nxs on my older gun for now.

Attachments

• 20180312_135651.jpg
    20180312_135651.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 261
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.