One Rifle Concept/Project

Good Morning,

I am going to start a project based on the philosophy of "just one" rifle for hunting and ELR target shooting. I have been shooting the 7mm RM for hunting and the 6.5CM for long range target for a couple of years and would like to get down to just one rifle for everything. I am currently leaning toward the 300WM because one can buy quality ammo off the shelf just about anywhere, and when time permits, reload for a vast number of bullet weights. I want to build off a Savage or Remington, and then install that into a chassis system. Upgrades will come as time and budget permits. Current budget will need to stay at $2,000.00 or less for rifle and chassis. What say you?

I would stick with your 7mm Rem and run the 195 grain berger eol for targets at 2k and a bullet of your choice for hunting. You can upgrade your 7mm rem as money allows.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.