one piece bases vs two piece mounts?

slg888

Having 1 piece scope mounts compared to a 2 piece that much better?

Example: Seekins 1 piece rings and bases are aluminum just like the Talley's 2 piece, and some other Mfr's. How much importance does the Aluminum one piece have over the 2 piece?

Any opinions?

Some will claim that a 1 piece base is stiffer, or helps to stiffen the action on heavy recoil rifles. I use to have one piece bases on all my rifles for that reason, but have converted to the Tallry singles with no problems or loss of accuracy whatsoever. I would suggest whatever you get your greatest benefit is going to come from a proffesional lapping the rings and makeing sure they are absolutley straight.

+1. I have changed mounting types from 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 on various rifles and cannot correlate any accuracy differences. I do prefer a 2 pc on a bold action for looks.

Let me add that I have come to like the 1 pc CNC machined mount/rings by Dednutz. The rings are perfectly aligned and you do not have to worry about the interface or ring alignment of 2 pc mount/rings.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.