One piece at a Time: The Build

MI.264

When you're on a budget the process take awhile
but it's getting there.
Being a "lefty" isn't hard, but the world caters to the right
so it takes a bit more work, researching ect.... to get it all together.

I wanted to make my build off from a Remington 700 Left Hand Action and finally ran across a good deal from a fellow forum member.
This action has been blueprinted.

I was gifted for the price of some jerky 3 left hand stocks, which I'm in the process of refinishing, removing all that plastic and will buff out a nice linseed oil finish, a.k.a. "no-shine".

Last Friday I order a SS 1-8 twist barrel from Ragged Hole, that's a Wilson Barrel and will be finished at 26" in a .264 Win Mag

I will be taking the action and barrel to be chambered and fitted to Williams Gunsights in Davidson, Michigan.

Last night after months if not over a year I found the scope I wanted. Again being retired requires time patients and apparently some arguments on forums about folks like me trying to find something of great value , without breaking the bank.
So I ran across the https://www.arkenopticsusa.com/ep5-5-25x56mm-ffp-moa-vpr-reticle
The price of this scope runs between $429-$500, has received stellar reviews with people shooting out to and past a 1000 yards.

Hope to have this together by spring.
Will show some stock work soon.

My only problem with one piece at a time, is that it makes it real easy to get the most expensive of each piece. This is a bigger problem with AR's since there's so many more pieces to upgrade. That being said, I've learned to plan my build ahead on budget and hold myself to it. Hope yours comes together as expected.

Well it will be done real soon and ready to tac drive some whitetails and coyotes this year.
The whole unit is down to William's gunsights being put together.
I bought a 1-8" Twist 26" Wilson barrel chambered in .264 WinMag.
The barrel being set into the action, bead blasted and blued.
Timney trigger, bolt/ receiver has been blue printed has been already
barrel bedded into stock and my new Arken EP 5-25-56 to be mounted.

So in time between the last post I have researched a lot on reloading and seating the bullet to improve accuracy.
I have a new Single stage press coming as well as I'll soon order a WFT worlds finest trimmer to be sure "ALL" Brass is uniformly cut, to allow the proper depth of bullet seating to give me the best accuracy possible.
Pictures soon.
Shooting Berger 156gr New brass

It took a bit longer than expected, still need to finish the stock

Attachments

• Mi.264 WinMag.jpg
    Mi.264 WinMag.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 57
I've just received a couple of Wilson barrel blanks too. Can't wait to see how they shoot.

I've just received a couple of Wilson barrel blanks too. Can't wait to see how they shoot.
Well I just acquired some .264 brass so it will be after the first of the year. I'll post these targets, as well as shooting this, it's zeroing in this scope as well. With this I hope to test it out to500-800 yards +

I hope it turns out nice! I admire a man with grit and determination because it takes a bunch of both to refinish those old bdl stocks!
This .264 took about a year.

Have a new Project: I'm building a .22 Creedmoor from a Ruger #1
The receiver I just found needs a fair amount of work.
I have a 26" Brux Barrel lined up 6.5 twist shooting 85.5gr. Berger
And like the .264 above I will place another Arken 5-25-56 scope on this.

Though fur prices are down, I hope to head out to Wyoming or Montana next winter and shoot Coyotes
I'll finish the hides myself and sell them individually.

With any luck I'll do some Yote hunting with the .264 this winter 2024 Jan/Feb.
I have found enough brass and a place for primers. I have Berger 156 gr and Hornady 140gr SST's
Still need to sight this girl in and find the best load for this rifle.
Fur prices being down. I'll dress them and finish the hide and place them in a old freezer I have, wrapped to keep them in good condition.
Next year hope to pull the trailer out to Wyoming for the first part of 2025 and visit some old friends. it will be nice to see the Wyoming again, it's been a little to long.

With any luck I'll do some Yote hunting with the .264 this winter 2024 Jan/Feb.
I have found enough brass and a place for primers. I have Berger 156 gr and Hornady 140gr SST's
Still need to sight this girl in and find the best load for this rifle.
Fur prices being down. I'll dress them and finish the hide and place them in a old freezer I have, wrapped to keep them in good condition.
Next year hope to pull the trailer out to Wyoming for the first part of 2025 and visit some old friends. it will be nice to see the Wyoming again, it's been a little to long.
Well People are odd sometimes. The guy I was going to buy the Ruger #1 Receiver from some how got the notion I might now what to invest in this project, how he determined this, I've not a clue, 2 days of not hearing from him I wrote this morning that I'll just focus my money on my .264 and develop a load for coyotes using it. then like someone flipped a switch he writes back, and say's well I was gently trying to say it was going to be a $1000 for him to do the action along with the barrel work, lol. I told him I have over $2300.00 wrapped upon my .264, but hey, have a nice day. Why some people assume instead of taking the time to ask. Baffling