One of the last APS XHS Repeaters out the door.

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
With my new Raptor XL replacing most of my XHS in the future, this big girl will be one of the last to ship from APS in this configuration. This model has truly been a work horse for me and my shop.
2ED10E87-ED9D-4602-ADB9-F951F2330EEE.jpeg

this one uses a 36" straight taper Bartlein and easily met my accuracy standard driving a 350 gr SMK to well over 3300 fps for the accuracy test load. Top loads in this rifle pushed 3400 fps easily allowing 4-5 firings per case. I recommend loads that allow 8-10 firings per case so that is the reason for the lower performance accuracy test load.

pleasure to shoot, for this level of power, EXTREMELY low recoil and long range precision is simply easy....

also really like the Flame Transition pattern from McMillan! Will see that on more APS rifles coming soon to be shipped!!

The pictures do not do it justice!! In person she is a beast and beautiful!!! Can't wait to stretch her legs this summer.

With my new Raptor XL replacing most of my XHS in the future, this big girl will be one of the last to ship from APS in this configuration. This model has truly been a work horse for me and my shop.
View attachment 184669
this one uses a 36" straight taper Bartlein and easily met my accuracy standard driving a 350 gr SMK to well over 3300 fps for the accuracy test load. Top loads in this rifle pushed 3400 fps easily allowing 4-5 firings per case. I recommend loads that allow 8-10 firings per case so that is the reason for the lower performance accuracy test load.

pleasure to shoot, for this level of power, EXTREMELY low recoil and long range precision is simply easy....

also really like the Flame Transition pattern from McMillan! Will see that on more APS rifles coming soon to be shipped!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.