One of our own killed in Iraq

Randy in Va

Vince Foster that contributed to the long range and extreme long range forums was killed in Iraq Sunday. Text from his MOM below:

I hope I got all of Vincent's friends with this email. I got the list from
a photo that Vincent sent to all of you. Vincent was killed Sunday in a
convoy by a roadside bomb. He died at the hospital. He was walking and
talking at the bomb site and assisting the medics with the other
injured. I don't think the medics or he knew that he was in such bad
shape. If I have missed anyone, please pass the word on. He would want
all of you to know. You can e-mail me if you wish.

Susan Foster <[email protected]>

I have recent pictures of him test firing a Barret 50 and an Uzi in the desert. He was there as a contractor. He was very happy to be in the thick of it and I remember him saying his bank account was going to be a lot better when he returned.

If others knew him, feel free to contact me as well.

[email protected]

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited by: Randy in Va ]

Wow.. I guess this war hits home everywhere...

My first words were... "oh man".... my wifes...
"they're all cockroaches overthere"... she gets angry that way...

and
..."I hope Susan has family with her"...

Our thoughts are with the family...

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited by: Ric Horst ]

May God be with her and her family .

You don't know what outfit he was with do you ? I'm considering heading out that way , either with Dynacorps or Black Water.

I did a run around in Kosovo a couple years ago , talk about the armpit of the world!

Sad event for sure, my sympathies to the family.

One can only hope that those killed and injured in this conflict have not done so in vain and that some greater good will come with their loss(es). It would be a very sad turn of events for the entire period to be called a mistake, surely those fighting and dying deserve a proper and respectable conclusion to the affair, however long it may take.

At time I wish I were back in the service or able to trade places with the younger folks, they have much to look forward to and I have already experienced much. I'd hate to have any of them miss the good parts of life that come with watching children grow up and cultivating a lifelong relationship with a wife/husband... sadly some will miss out and I find that very difficult to take. I believe we should be allowed to trade places.

Gentlemen,
Vincent Foster was 'working' in Iraq as a Black Water Security Sniper. Previously with the U.S.M.C. as a Scout-Sniper, Vince had been working with Black Water since shortly after his discharge from the Marine Corps. One of his inner circle here in Texas shared things with me that clearly indicated just how intensely involved he was in the fighting over there. So when the media started bringing us video footage of the heightened fighting over there of late, I started to get really worried about Vince.

Hell, I'm gonna try to go see him for the last time when he gets home, Randy. Wanna go?

Dave

Sorry to here about Vince our prayers are with his family.

Dave let me know the details when you get them. Drop me a line.

AAHHH
mad.gif
fits of rage !!!

While at the gym yesterday evening I was talking to a friend of mine about possibly going back into the "security service" like we did in Kosovo.I had mentioned this thread
A young man overheard our conversation and flat out called me an idiot !! and that god would punish me for "wanting to go and kill those people" I never made the statement of killing anybody.
Then this little jackoff then tells us how this war has screwed up his college because he was planning to join the army to get the college education but their was no way in hell that he would go to war , and if had inlisted before the war that he would have run off before being sent out!!!

It appears that alot of "kids" are being suckered into the military by way of a free trip to school wtih the understanding that they "probably" will never see any active duty.

Guys I have to tell you , I'm normaly a pretty laid back guy but this about pushed me over the edge , I realy wanted to inflict some pain on this little rodent parasite that calls himself an American.

Sorry just had to vent a little and express my aggravation and concern with some of you guys.
Personaly I think that if you join the military for school , you should have to do your full 4 years BEFORE you see one dime , and at least be shot at once so you'll apperciate what the government is doing for you !!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.