• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED One of a kind APS prototype rifle for sale....

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
For those of you that want a piece of history, this is your chance. As many of you know, I have been working on my Raptor receiver and rifle project for several years now and this fall we were able to finalize the design with a good manufacturer and bring this idea to market. The rifle that I am selling is the Gen II Raptor LRSS prototype.

This is the rifle I used to take my 199 1/8" whitetail in Oklahoma as well as a good Auodad Ram at 700 yards on the same trip. The receiver on this prototype is a Raptor design but because my ATF markings variance had not yet been approved, the receiver is engraved simply with Definance on the left side of the receiver and serial number on the right ahead of the ejection port.

HOWEVER, this is a Raptor through and through and has all the features of my production Raptor receiver. The only difference between this receiver and the production Raptor is the engraving and the rail base which will be slightly longer on production models, other then that, all Raptor inside and out.

A couple things on this rifle, in the pictures you will see that it still has the forward recoil lug and lock nut of the original Raptor LRSS barrel design. This has been changed on production Raptors and the forward recoil lug and lock nut has been eliminated because of some vertical stringing issues when barrels got heated up that was not acceptable to me. The production Raptor barrel contour will look exactly the same only it will have a contoured radius where the lock nut was on the old barrel. Test have proven the new design is just as stable with the long, full diameter barrel shank of the Raptor.

This rifle currently has the original test barrel in place but I have two barrels in shop that I will fit one of them to this rifle for the new owner. The old barrel is quite long in the tooth, still shoots very well with the 300 gr SMK however but I could not sell the rifle as is in good faith knowing how many rounds are down the barrel.

So, there is an option here. Both barrels are 30" finish length Liljas with Raptor LRSS contour. One is a 1-10 338 cal which would give you the option to have the barrel chambered in my 338 Allen Xpress or a 338 Lapua. The other barrel is a 1-9, 30 cal so it would be best chambered in my 300 Allen Xpress.

Here is a list of parts and specs for this rifle:

Raptor prototype receiver
Right hand bolt, right hand eject
Pinned extractor
Aggressively fluted bolt
20 moa stainless steel rail base
Holland comp recoil lug
Jewell trigger with top safety
HS Precision Detachable Magazine system
Lilja Raptor LRSS barrel contour, 30" finish length chambered to 338 Lapua, 338 AX or 300 AX, your choice.
APS Medium Painkiller muzzle brake (Slim model available if wanted)
Bead Blast matte finish on barreled receiver (Cerakoting available if wanted)
McMillan A-5 tactical stock, 50% black 50% grey gel coat finish
Decel recoil pad
Thumbwheel adjustable CP
Adjustable LOP(shim system from McMillan)
Two swivel studs on forend, one on toe
Pillar bedded
4 TPS tactical steel rings
Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x 50mm with 1000 yard Rapid Z reticle(allows 1300 yard reach easily without touching the turrets)

here are some pics of what the rifle looks like now.

P6150408.jpg

P6150409.jpg

P6150411.jpg

Performance wise, chambered in a 338 Allen Xpress, you would see roughly 2950 to 3000 fps with a 300 gr SMK. in the 300 Allen Xpress, you could expect to see 3200 fps with a 240 gr SMK or right at or just over 3400 fps with a 200-210 gr class bullet.

This is not a light rifle, around 15 lbs ready to hunt with but it is designed for what its model suggests, Long Range Shooting System.

With a new barrel installed, for the complete package I am asking $5600 including a set of loading dies. If you do not want the scope and rings I am asking $4700 for rifle and dies. Again, this will be a brand new rifle with new barrel and my full 100% backing and it will also be proven capable of my 1/2 moa accuracy requirement before it will ship. That load data will be offered with the rifle as well.

In the title to this post I mentioned you could own a one of a kind rifle. This is exactly true. There was never one made just like this before and the production Raptors were not be exactly like this either, a true one of a kind yet still proven extreme performance.

First come first serve as always. Prices include shipping to your FFL in the lower 48 states or to your Exporter if in Canada or overseas.

Sweet rig, almost exactly what I want! Wish I had 4700 to drop on a rifle at the moment!