One new rifle or two?

JMHO Any guide worth their salt is not going to ask for you to be ready for a 300-500 yard shot on Moose, they will also advise for a .338 WM to .375 H&H for Moose. Neither caliber for the faint hearted!
in Alaska, shooting a rifle is akin to ringing the dinner bell to a big Brownie. A 300 WM will do in a moose easy enough within 300 yards, but you may wish you had a 338 cal Ultra or similar if you get surprised by a 9 foot brown bear while processing the meat. And that 338 must be braked if you have any shoulder issues whatsover

in Alaska, shooting a rifle is akin to ringing the dinner bell to a big Brownie. A 300 WM will do in a moose easy enough within 300 yards, but you may wish you had a 338 cal Ultra or similar if you get surprised by a 9 foot brown bear while processing the meat. And that 338 must be braked if you have any shoulder issues whatsover
Absolutely!

300 prc loaded with 245 grain Berger or 250 A tips. Then when you get back home the 212 are a good elk round. Any custom ammo loader can make you whatever you want if you don't reload. The 300 PRC is the best for heavy bullets and it out classes the 300WM which I also own. It feeds faster and smoother than the belted cartridges too which could come in handy up in alaska. Thank me later. Forget the 6.5 man bun rounds they are a great deer round but under powered for elk on up for longer ranges. Even with my bad shoulder I find the 300prc comfortable to shoot.