One Gun?

I'll cheat. How about one gun in multiple calibers (a switch barrel, either Savage, AI, or custom action)? That way, you don't have to choose, just get barrels in whatever caliber/profile/length combo you like. Though, I will say unless you're hunting blue whale, that 30-06 can probably handle it with good shot placement.
I was thinking the Seekins HAVAK HIT. I'm waiting to see how they fair. But really like the idea.
Sure , you can make your excellent 30-06 do 95 percent of everything you need. ...........And YES!!! ,Loading todays 30-06 is lightyears ahead of dads old 06 loads from the 50's. The new selection of bullets and powders make that great old classic round into a much more modern round capable of hitting harder at longer ranges. BUT!!! Sometimes getting a new rifle in another caliber has nothing to do with "Need". Sometimes a shooter just wants another rifle , in a new and interesting caliber. This has nothing to do with "Sense," or "Practicality." You just really want one. For me, When I get that urge, I start the cookie jar approach, and also I see if there is rifle I own that I could bring myself to sell, to get the next addition to my safe. Good Luck Buddy
I never sell. Did it before. And have regretted it every time. No more. I will do without a new one before I sell a old one. Just me.

I have been attempting to lean out or "more carefully curate" my collection. My reasoning is space related and organization related. For rifles I whittled it down to .22 caliber, .264 caliber, .308 Caliber and .338 caliber. For shotguns 12 gauge and 20 gauge. I like to have a primary and backup gun for each cartridge. This boils down to a 36 gun safe with space enough for scoped rifles and less cleaning supplies and handloading equipment to keep a tidy bench. I have enough gun to hunt everything I hunt (small game, big game, upland and waterfowl/turkey) without having things I don't "need".

It's very easy for me to justify in my own mind why I "need" a certain gun I have become momentarily enamored with, but it's hard for me to justify keeping it once it's covered in dust and cobwebs.
So wipe it down. lol

My wife made the mistake to tell me once "you can't buy another rifle until you get a new safe". As the good husband I am I listened and bought a "64" gun safe. In reality it hold half that in scoped rifles. The other day she happened to see it opened, and she commented, where did all these come from? I said, you don't remember? You told me to get a new safe, I couldn't leave it empty.
I hate it when they say that! 😒. My wife made a similar statement about my new gun she gave me for Christmas. She looked at and remarked, "where it's scope"? Guess what I said.......😋😉

Further to my prior statements I like to offer my sincere support to all those who believe they should only have one gun. I will send them my FFL's information and they can ship them to me. I will pay for the shipping and I promise to take good care of them!

Further to my prior statements I like to offer my sincere support to all those who believe they should only have one gun. I will send them my FFL's information and they can ship them to me. I will pay for the shipping and I promise to take good care of them!

You, bery funny man 🤣!

Some choose to hunt with only one rifle…..while still enjoying the virtues of many! 😉 memtb

I was thinking the Seekins HAVAK HIT. I'm waiting to see how they fair. But really like the idea.

I never sell. Did it before. And have regretted it every time. No more. I will do without a new one before I sell a old one. Just me.
I sold a Savage 110 once, I'd have rather kept genital warts than that rifle.

Ok, I think I found my stick... Sniper Bullet that Can Hit Any Spot Exactly (From 10-miles Away)
🤔
Sniper rounds or guided missiles?

My Dad had a Model 94 in 30-30 and a 22 LR. He killed lots of deer here in New Mexico. His son is not so ------What word? I have his 94 in my walk in gun safe.
I was down in Cruces for a year….lots of pecans down there but not many deer. First night in Ruidoso we almost ran into 6 elk with the car pulling into the hotel. Stayed up in Eagles Nest one weekend and saw some monster Mule Deer. My biggest regret is not hunting there when we lived there

We raise Pecans on the home place. Seems most farms are planting pecan trees now. We hunted on White Sands Missile Range back when they would open it for three day each year. Best hunting for big mule deer I ever found. Now they only open it for Oryx. I miss those days.