One Gun?

Whenever there is cash in your pocket and nobody sees how much you paid for it. And there is nothing wrong with a 30-06. I just have several calibers because I can now that the kids are grown and moved out.
You mean when the kids move out , you supposed to have more cash in your pocket? Hmmm

If you need a excuse moose hunting is perfect! Of course you need a bigger caliber for moose they are bigger animals 😃
And of course you also need a bear handgun as well and if we need to tell you need new optics we can do that as well!
If you don't want a new gun your 30-06 is fine many many moose have gone home with 30-06 owners. My 10 yr used one this year because he could use it better then any other. I had him use 150gn because of recoil. They work fine.

most everything ive shot and seen shot...including Wy antelope has been under 200yds. But...that bullwinkle moose of mine was on a ridge top at 8000ft and leaving and a stretch at 325yds for my 4x scoped 9.3x74R Ruger No 1!
wouldnt have it any other way.... mostly.
Do think its time i grew up some and got a "sensible" one gun.

your absolutely correct on the '06 just really thinking about treating myself to a full on last gun (wont be of course) special/custom magnum. had toyed with a Christensen/Fierce and while great machines they have no spirit no soul. Pre 64 or custom mauser but absolutely LOVE the contemporary grip shape and lighter weight of the McMillan Hells Canyon Stocks.

Recent Posts