one choice 270wsm vs 7mag

firstcoueswas80

i have one of each rifle, the 270wsm is a bettin custom gun and is a tack driver. the 7mag is a rmington 700 and i am currently working up loads for it. the thing is, i will probbaly have to sell one of these rigs wondering which one would be the better gun with 140 accubonds out to 600 or so yards as a deer rifle. which ever gun stays, will wear a zeiss 4.5-14x50 with turrets on it. i like both guns, but have to sell one of them to repair my truck.
casey

I have the answer! WALK!! Folks have been doing it for thousands of years. Who knows, you might even like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just kidding,

Doug

Ps-sucks to sell one of kids don't it

There may be a thousand different opinions on this comparision to pick apart case design and efficency and accuracy and ballistic potential.

Simply but, they are ballistic twins when both are loaded with the 140 gr Accubond out to 600 yards. THe actual differnece is hardly worth even discussing.

In all honestly, keep the rifle that shoots the best. YOu will probably get more resale $$ out of the factory rifle, in fact I would bet on it so I would probably keep the custom that is shooting so well currently.

Better yet you should order some 169.5 gr ULD RBBTs Wildcats to try in your 270 WSM. They will take your WSM to a new place ballistically, especially in the wind drift catagory.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.