one buck down couple to go

midwesthunter

Shot this one Sat night. Actually had him at 2 yards sat morning but won't take a low percentage shot. Had him around me for 20 min and couldn't get where me and cameraman were on the same page so he got away till sat evening. I miss judged yardage, so shot a little high, plus him droping a little, I also shot a little forward. Hey I was nervous what can I say. Seen the arrow smack him right in the shoulder and hang out as he ran. He ran 25 yards stoped in some brush and took off again. I'm shooting the new NAP 2 blade blood runners, so didn't know how they would handle on bone. Found the arrow and only 4" broke off. I was sick thinking it didn't go through the shoulder. But fast bow + heavy arrow/sharp broadhead = penetration right? I jumped him while tracking so backed out. Next morning almost no blood was found. So we grid searched and found some more, then found him 40 yards from where I shot him. While quartering him I found 2 bloody shoulders where arrow went through both shoulders. Blades didn't break, and I got one lung. Will be putting a tape on him tonight. He went 245 #'s before dressing him. 5-1/2 year old. All on film and these pics don't do him justice. So one MI buck down.
009.jpg

019.jpg

Ohh look how huge the bases are specialy his right. What do you think he scores?
11 point by the way.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.