One “Do it All Cartridge” - All of NA

Does no back-up include pepper spray? Considering a Alaska hunt will only happen once or twice in my life most likely if I'm fortunate, I think I would go with the model 70, 300WSM. I currently own one(my largest caliber) and originally bought it to make sure it would be suitable for game up to elk and maybe a potential Alaska hunt. At the time I had no other rifles. However, if I ever do go to Alaska, I wouldn't rule out getting a 375H&H, just because I can, and then I would have, something for Africa, in case that ever happens. Alas, this is not your question. 300WSM with 200gr. Accubond while in Alaska. In the lower 48 I would use different bullet weight, probably 180's on everything, probably Accubond, although I'm thinking about the 190ABLR, just because I have no desire to buy extra ammo and continually re-sight in rifle. But I wouldn't argue against a 300 or 338win mag.

Does no back-up include pepper spray? Considering a Alaska hunt will only happen once or twice in my life most likely if I'm fortunate, I think I would go with the model 70, 300WSM. I currently own one(my largest caliber) and originally bought it to make sure it would be suitable for game up to elk and maybe a potential Alaska hunt. At the time I had no other rifles. However, if I ever do go to Alaska, I wouldn't rule out getting a 375H&H, just because I can, and then I would have, something for Africa, in case that ever happens. Alas, this is not your question. 300WSM with 200gr. Accubond while in Alaska. In the lower 48 I would use different bullet weight, probably 180's on everything, probably Accubond, although I'm thinking about the 190ABLR, just because I have no desire to buy extra ammo and continually re-sight in rifle. But I wouldn't argue against a 300 or 338win mag.

Goldengun, we've got plenty of grizzlies right here in the lower 48, maybe not Alaska plenty....but plenty. About 12 years ago when sheep hunting....I saw more grizzlies than sheep. Could've tagged out on a real nice grizzly on first day at camp! :) Heck, a couple of years ago, one was visiting (actually the gully behind) the Dairy Queen in Cody pretty regularly, and a sow with 2 cubs liked to "hang-out" at the corn field maze near Powell. That was a bit disconcerting to the parents of kids that wanted to play in the maze!:eek: I guess that kids with pepper spray.....wasn't good publicity for the event! o_O memtb

R8 Blaser in 300 win mag synthetic stock
Leupold vx6 3-18
Barrel has built in iron sights as backup.
Hornady 200 gr ELDX or my reloads with the ELDX
9lbs 14 oz

I've been a proud owner of an H&H since 1982! The only thing better than the H&H, would be an H&H Improved...which is pretty comfortable with a standard H&H. memtb
If I wasn't so fond of my Retina where it is I would say Roy's .378 would be the ultimate do all, but The complete rig would run 12 - 13 pounds. That thing is a masher on both ends.

1. I need to get a 10mm, been putting it off forever

that said...

How come a .40" bullet going 1k to 1400 is considered enough for bear but a copper 7mm that expands to that much going double that speed is considered marginal at best?

One is at 25 to 50 feet in an emergency firing at the head neck teeth throat as it is running at you!

The other is a 1 shot assassination at 200 yards unawares

Honestly a 2506 270 3006 with the proper bullet and shot placement will do the job

But

If not all that practice drawing the glock and putting 5 hardcasts in a pie plate in LESS THAN 3CSECONDS!!! should pay off!!!

Lol

Good luck with pepper spray!!!

Lol

Funny

If not all that practice drawing the glock and putting 5 hardcasts in a pie plate in LESS THAN 3CSECONDS!!! should pay off!!!

Good words, I'd only add to do it from the draw. Personally I'd be very happy with 3 rounds in that time frame from the draw but into a 6" pie plate. :)

Good words, I'd only add to do it from the draw. Personally I'd be very happy with 3 rounds in that time frame from the draw but into a 6" pie plate. :)

VERY TRUE!!!

UNFORTUNATELY I AM NOT ALWAYS THAT GOOD A SHOT EVEN AFTER 26 YEARS AND 10S OF THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS THROUGH MY GLOCK 20!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.