? On Badger Ordnance rings

kenneth1977

I got a set of 30mm rings and noticed that the top section of the ring is a little smaller then the bottom that is at the 30mm , i have never saw this in any rings i have ever bought . So is this normal for BO rings ?
Scope-2.jpg
Scope-1.jpg
Scope-3.jpg

They could have a parting line that is not exactly on the horizontal center. If that is the case then the lower half would need to have the straight vertical parts of the 'U' in addition the the bottom curve of the 'U' in order for a scope to be able to fit into the lower parts. The upper part would have no such need and you would see the mismatch that you are showing.

How do both halves, independently, fit the scope tube?

They could have a parting line that is not exactly on the horizontal center. If that is the case then the lower half would need to have the straight vertical parts of the 'U' in addition the the bottom curve of the 'U' in order for a scope to be able to fit into the lower parts. The upper part would have no such need and you would see the mismatch that you are showing.

How do both halves, independently, fit the scope tube?
Both sides are over the same amount , i have not tried them on the scope i just got them and opened them and was like what the heck .

Yep, the top and bottom aren't exactly halves. The top part is a little smaller, when the scope is in them there will be a small gap between them and everything will line up as it should.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.