Omega 300 Suppressor

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25294

I'm totally new to suppressors but after seeing me friend shoot a 6.5 with a TB Ultra 7 I'm pretty sold on getting one.
Primarily it would go on a 300 Norma Mag, but I'd like to move it back and forth on a light contoured 6.5 SAUM as well.

I'm looking hard at the SilencerCO Omega 300, mainly because I hear the integral brake helps with recoil and it's still pretty light.
I'm not needing the quietest brake in the word, mainly just wanting to reduce the muzzle blast and absorb recoil while not impacting accuracy.

Primary application is long range hunting and precision shooting, I don't want anything longer than 7" or over 14 oz.
Also the SAUM will need 1/2x28 threads so I'll need to figure out how to mate that up with the 5/8x24

What do you guys with experience think about the Omega?
I'm also looking into the TB Ultra 7 but holy **** they're proud of it, I'd rather not be into a brake for over $1000 with the stamp

I'm totally new to suppressors but after seeing me friend shoot a 6.5 with a TB Ultra 7 I'm pretty sold on getting one.
Primarily it would go on a 300 Norma Mag, but I'd like to move it back and forth on a light contoured 6.5 SAUM as well.

I'm looking hard at the SilencerCO Omega 300, mainly because I hear the integral brake helps with recoil and it's still pretty light.
I'm not needing the quietest brake in the word, mainly just wanting to reduce the muzzle blast and absorb recoil while not impacting accuracy.

Primary application is long range hunting and precision shooting, I don't want anything longer than 7" or over 14 oz.
Also the SAUM will need 1/2x28 threads so I'll need to figure out how to mate that up with the 5/8x24

I'm also looking into the TB Ultra 7 but holy ---- they're proud of it, I'd rather not be into a brake for over $1000 with the stamp

Make sure it is safely rated for the 300 NM.

I have Eliteiron Bravo for my .30 LARA (similar .300 Jarrett) threaded for 5/8-24 and safely rated for .300 RUM/.30-378 WBTY that I can switch back and forth with my 6.5 CM, .264 WM, .270 AI, and .300 WSM.

Good luck!

Make sure it is safely rated for the 300 NM.
Good luck!
Yes
I'm only considering suppressors that are 300 RUM rated, which is why I'm asking about the Omega 300.

Never heard of Eliteiron, how do you like it?

Yes
I'm only considering suppressors that are 300 RUM rated, which is why I'm asking about the Omega 300.

Never heard of Eliteiron, how do you like it?

I really like mine. I was actually considering the Harvester 300 at first but went local with https://www.eliteiron.com/product-category/suppressors/

15137634_10207733326033102_4749403186883609459_o.jpg

on the .30 LARA

20180819_074039.jpg

on TC Compass in 6.5 CM

I'm also looking into the TB Ultra 7 but holy ---- they're proud of it, I'd rather not be into a brake for over $1000 with the stamp

Not sure of the price now, but I was in the same boat last year and went with the Ultra 7. The Ultra was within $100 of the Omega.
Both are great. The only reason I went with the Ultra was the weight. Both are at the tops for PRC. Both are stand up companies. Both have integral brakes.
Just remember, if you are using it for multiple rifles, does $100 make a difference?

Not sure of the price now, but I was in the same boat last year and went with the Ultra 7. The Ultra was within $100 of the Omega.
Both are great. The only reason I went with the Ultra was the weight. Both are at the tops for PRC. Both are stand up companies. Both have integral brakes.
Just remember, if you are using it for multiple rifles, does $100 make a difference?
What are you shooting with the TB 7?
The price difference is more like $300..
The Omega is $799, the TB 7 is $1100!

What are you shooting with the TB 7?
The price difference is more like $300..
The Omega is $799, the TB 7 is $1100!
That is a good deal on the Omega.
Like I said, not sure about the price now, but when I bought mine, Silencershop had the ultra for $1045 and the Omega was $950. The shop that helped me with my trust had the Omega for $975. It was worth it for me to spend $100 to save 1/4 lb on my hunting rifles.
I am pretty sure you will not be dissatisfied with the Omega. I'm not trying to push the Ultra on to you. It probably took me a year to decide which one to get.

Regarding what I put it on.
300wsm
6.5-06
7mm-08
A couple .223's
I have a 338 win mag that I dont like to shoot and am trying to consider which .30 or under mag I'll go with.

I love my Omega and I switch it back and forth with their quick thread 308 to 223. The bad news is that it is NOT rated for a 300 Rum. 300 WM is as far as she goes.

I love my Omega and I switch it back and forth with their quick thread 308 to 223. The bad news is that it is NOT rated for a 300 Rum. 300 WM is as far as she goes.
Interesting..
Several online vendors say it's rated for 300 RUM, but Silencerco doesn't say that on their website.
I'll email them to make sure, thanks for pointing that out.

The ultra7 is rated for RUM's up to 26 Nosler
Another look is the Hybrid 46 which is rated to a 338 Lapua mag according to SilencerCo

Another one that's got my eye is the Vox K or S.
I'm liking the idea of direct thread since it reduces weight and length, what's the disadvantage of direct mount other than ease of swapping it around?
Can anyone speak to the muzzle brake mount and it's effect on recoil?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.