Old Wide Glide !!!

Incredible bull! Do you have pictures of him from last year? Any pictures of the 400+ bull you mentioned?
The middle picture I'd from last year..one of these, I think the last one..all giants.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1657213649652.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657213649652.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 198
  • FB_IMG_1657213960352.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657213960352.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 196
  • FB_IMG_1657213987748.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657213987748.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 199
Old Wide Glide has certainly gone down hill this year. He's one of my favorite Bull's of all time and he's been around a long long time. I'm glad he survived last hunting season, only by the grace of God was he spared, and a fairly easy winter but I think age is catching up to him...enjoy this great old Wide boy..photos courtesy of a friend...photos 1&3 are this past weekend, he still has time to grow.View attachment 376851View attachment 376852View attachment 376853
Holy cow and thanks for sharing! After chasing these magnificent creatures for over 25 years, it amazes me how they are able to elude our best efforts and get to their twilight years. For this old boy, hopefully he'll keep slipping by and spreading his dna!

As mentioned, he is In Pennsylvania where there is a herd, but chances of being drawn for a tag would be like hitting the Mega Lotto. And, probably on private.
They grow big on private . You'll pay if you draw. Am I missing something ? I follow elk hunts in Pennsylvania, Arkansas, etc.. I saw what state.

Last edited:
They grow big on private . You'll pay if you draw. Am I missing something ? I follow elk hunts in Pennsylvania, Arkansas, etc.. I saw what state.
Yep your missing it all....everyone and anyone can apply. If your luckier that a leprechaun and draw a bull tag you accomplished something special. And the vast vast majority are harvested on public land, some on private but none that I know of...we have public land just about totally covering the herd..

Yep your missing it all....everyone and anyone can apply. If your luckier that a leprechaun and draw a bull tag you accomplished something special. And the vast vast majority are harvested on public land, some on private but none that I know of...we have public land just about totally covering the herd..
That a dinosaur for sure. Are they in the Pocono's or another range ? Have many tags do they give ? I'm sure a few at most. I wasn't trying to demean anything.

PA - you're welcome. Signed, WY :)
They've transplanted a lot of elk from Wy. all over the country . It's great to see herds doing well in states where they haven't been for many years.
Pa. Kentucky, Tn. Ar. Mi. Wi. W.V. Virginia and N.C. that I know of. Others I'm sure. Amazing . I know that they transplanted elk from Yellowstone to Az. when their elk were about gone. Thanks Teddy ! My great great uncle. No BS.

Last edited: