Old Weaver T-25

Popeye59

As I'm thinking about starting to shoot my late father's old sporterized 03-A3, I was wondering if I could get some information on the scope he had put on it. All I can see on the tube in front of the ocular lens is Weaver T-25 USA and on the elevation turret base it says MICRO-TRAC. Of concern to me is the markings for the Adjustable Objective. I'm unsure how to interpret them, they don't have any distance referenced but look more like a micrometer scale. I don't know the power of it either (maybe 25x since the model number it T-25?). This scope has been on that rifle for as long as I can remember - at least to the late 60's, early 70's. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Very interesting. I emailed Weaver and they said the T-25 was introduced in 1979. While I don't have any photos of the rifle prior to that date, I could've sworn that this was the same scope on the rifle when I used to shoot it in the mid 70's.

Weaver probably answered all of your questions. Your scope is 25 power and probably has a fine crosshair in it and the adjustable objective is to help eliminate parallax same as any other scope. Good luck hunting and be safe.

I'm not used to this kind of marking on the AO. I'm guessing it's just focus until it's clear and log the setting for future reference for that distance?
38535373056_e425db21a5_z.jpg

I'm sure its for parallax, when you turn the AO it should line up with one of the numbers that represents the yardage 1 through 0 I think they were, being 100 to 1000 yards. They were a good scope then and still are. I think they sold for about $ 450. Good luck hunting and be safe.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.