Old Shootin' Okie

Ahlosojoe

Hello to all. I am happy to be a newbie on this LRH web sight. I was doing some research on a 6.5x55 Swede and was eventually lead to this site.

I enjoyed Bob Campbell's article on the Ruger 77 in 6.5 and decided this is where I need to be. Thanks Bob.

I was raised on a ranch in South Central Oklahoma. When I was a kid I harassed the local crows and occasional coyote with a Stevens .22 or a 410 Montgomery Ward shotgun. When I was 14 I saved my hay hauling and pecan pickin' money and finally bought a used Remington 722 in .222. I thought I had discovered the atomis bomb!

I am now 69 years old and don't hate them deers and crows nearly as much as I used to but I still enjoy a frosty morning in a tree stand with bow or rifle.
I also try to make a yearly attack on some serious prairie dog towns out west.

I look forward to the opportunity to learn from the shooters, hunters, fishermen and other general goof offs on LRH. Best regards and thanks, Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts