Old Rifle - New Scope ?

2mas

Hello, I am a new member here. Looks like a good source for info. I have a BSA Hunter, calibered in. 222 Rem. I need to put a new scope on this rifle, as the one that was on the rifle when I bought it is no longer use full. Because this is a British made gun the mounting system is different than North American products. I was told that if I need a new scope I will need to use the old mounts from the old scope, as I would not be able to find mounts for this rifle any longer. The mounts are a dovetail made by Parker Hale ( #DMH5). The old scope tube measures 1.023" Dia.
With everything I have said, My question is, will these mounts do the job to mount a new 1"tube scope to to my BSA

Apparently the current CZ 550 rifles have the same dovetail. So you might look at rings made for that rifle. Warne has them, for example. Warne 30 mm Permanently Attached Riflescope CZ 550 19mm Dovetail High Rings FREE S&H 15BM, 15BG. Warne Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases.

That example is for a 30mm tube, but they probably exist for 1" tubes too. Supposedly it is a 19mm dovetail and back when the rifle was made it could have been 3/4" which is just a difference of 0.002".

I have a CZ 22mag which has an 11mm dovetail and I had to fit a 30mm scope to it for night shooting.... quite a hassle to work that out too...

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.