Old primers

I have the older CCI's in the tan boxes, but wondering if this green box predates those. The plastic tray color looks like marble
Nope,.. Green bx's are, much, Newer !
Still shooting Primers from, the Green Boxes at, Varmints, in my .22-250 and $.50 Cent a Pound, Hogdon's 4895 from, WWII
that my Dad bought for, our .30-06's ( mid 1950' s ! ) and that OLD Powder, puts the 50 grain Sierra Spitzer Flat Bases into Sub 1/2 MOA groups ! IF going Elk or, Grizzly Hunting,.. buy NEW Primers, otherwise "choot em' !

Last edited:
I was referring to the tan colored boxes, not the wooden tray ones. I'm already aware the wooden are older. Green boxes was my question.

IF, I had to guess , I'd say the Tan boxes were from the late 1960's / early 1970's to, early 80's, Green Bxs early/ mid 1980's to late 1980's,
Blue boxes approx. from, 1990's ! I'm still shooting, the Green and Blue box, CCI Primers at Varmints,.. Today !
Owned, a Gun shop from, 1971 to 1992 and sold those Primers, but my memory is poor !
They will ALL go Bang,.. unless,.. stored poorly ! Send them to me for, further Testing IF,.. in doubt !

Last edited:
Got these. With this post, I tried them and they still work. Like Christmas finding these.

Attachments

• 66364BD5-9E9A-47B9-8AB6-A938F3069C39.jpeg
    66364BD5-9E9A-47B9-8AB6-A938F3069C39.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
  • BC338BE7-FC95-4104-B717-E96E3080FB7D.jpeg
    BC338BE7-FC95-4104-B717-E96E3080FB7D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
The box with the vertical CCI is from about 1965. Primers should work fine. I just finished off the last of some ALCAN primers from the 50's. They all went bang and the bullets hit the targets.
Holy Cow, you must be older than, me !
I remember shooting Alcan Shotgun Primers, tho !
Shot old, Bruce Hogdon's, 4895 ( .50 Cents Pound, Paper / card board, containers ) from, WWII about, 50 gr's in the Springfield 06 IIRC with, early 150 gr Hornady's !

Got these. With this post, I tried them and they still work. Like Christmas finding these.
Sir first of all we are soo sorry for your loss, it has to be extremely hard without your wife. We assume that You are still really healthy and enthused to build rifles. Jill and I have a complete state of the art Gunsmithing and Cerakoting shop that we are in the process of opening up. I think that if you still want to shoot ELR the 338Lm is for you. I you want a larger caliber (50)BMG our lathes will hande up to and over 2" bore. Jill and I are currently building several calibers - 6mm Br **, 6.5X284 and for 2023 a 338 LM Ai. You could join us if you want. You pay for your materials and we will do the work.

Thanks Len & Jill
I bought this same packaging March 1985 . I'm still using them , wish I'd bought more at that price .
Sir first of all we are soo sorry for your loss, it has to be extremely hard without your wife. We assume that You are still really healthy and enthused to build rifles. Jill and I have a complete state of the art Gunsmithing and Cerakoting shop that we are in the process of opening up. I think that if you still want to shoot ELR the 338Lm is for you. I you want a larger caliber (50)BMG our lathes will hande up to and over 2" bore. Jill and I are currently building several calibers - 6mm Br **, 6.5X284 and for 2023 a 338 LM Ai. You could join us if you want. You pay for your materials and we will do the work for free.

Thanks Len & Jill

Last edited:
I found an older 1000ct box of CCI 200 exactly like that recently and fired about 700 so far and all fired perfectly fine with same accuracy as my newer blue box CCI 200 primers.
I have some old CCI's and they shoot well.. Just keep them dry and away from moisture.

Dear Sir what I will tell you is that these a CCI primers and Remmington Arms primers need to be inspected due to their age. I am a Certified Primer inspector for CCI and Remington Arms. Please do not shoot these primers since they are so old and should be sent to me ASAP. In fact if anyone that has any questionable thought about their primers ship them to me I will give you the origanal sale prices of $1.86 per 1,000 container. If you have newer primers attach your sales slip with them. No worries if you don't hav a sales slip, I can look up the lot # and give you compensatation from that. You will be paid by check or PayPal. After I shoot all these primers I will give you an accessment with Percentages of working Primers.

Please ship to:
Leonard Suchar
Primer Inspection
Coyote Shadow Tracker
3130 Mount Paron Church Road
Social, Circle, GA 30025

If you have any technical questions please call our help line 678-427-6168.

Thanks much
Len & Jill
I find that very interesting. I wasn't aware that there were primes inspector in this world, other than the manufactures of the primers as they test them before releasing to the public. Another good day, I learn something new. I will put your address aside and save it. Thank to you for the info!

Here are some old ones, they are large pistol, wooden trays
View attachment 273030
Sir first of all we are soo sorry for your loss, it has to be extremely hard without your wife. We assume that You are still really healthy and enthused to build rifles. Jill and I have a complete state of the art Gunsmithing and Cerakoting shop that we are in the process of opening up. I think that if you still want to shoot ELR the 338Lm is for you. I you want a larger caliber (50)BMG our lathes will hande up to and over 2" bore. Jill and I are currently building several calibers - 6mm Br **, 6.5X284 and for 2023 a 338 LM Ai. You could join us if you want. You pay for your materials and we will do the work.

Thnaks Len & Jill
I find that very interesting. I wasn't aware that there were primes inspector in this world, other than the manufactures of the primers as they test them before releasing to the public. Another good day, I learn something new. I will put your address aside and save it. Thank to you for the info!
SORRY I WAS SURE THAT ANYONE READING THIS WOULD KNOW that I was joking and tryin the person that posted would ask to send to me for inspection I wanted to shoot them, BUT. I really would not have anyone send me primers, Just trying to make lite of the primer shorter.
Now Jill is really mad at me for posting that I am a Primer Inspector": I have a very wide range of knowledge on many things and sometimes tell Jill or friends a story and I am very convincing I always get a good laugh, but others may not. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Len.

Last edited: